Massive overnight shooting at Southside Chicago park

knightni

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 08:29 PM)
I remember the day I got my car I was so goddamn happy I'd never have to suffer through it again. How do really come off the L with a positive experience?

I was not a regular traveler, but I've been on the pink/red/blue about 50 times and never had an issue with cleanliness, timeliness, or bad passengers. A few trips on the red line returning from Sox games were overcrowded, but...duh. It still beat having to pay for parking at the Cell and deal with the traffic getting out of there.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)
I think in terms of keeping the major functions of the city working, Daley was better. Rahm only seems concerned with taking national political controversies and pummeling them into the local level. I just want someone to get the trains running on time and not have the one major city where crime isn't declining.

But I totally disagree with you on that criticism idea. The chicago reader was by far the most ruthless in its assault on Daley. My favorite article I've ever read was in the reader. It started with an anecdote of a domestic abuse incident, and them asking the women why she keeps coming back, and she responds "It's all I know". They immediately pivoted to Daley in the article. It was brilliant.

The Reader is so far down the list, it isn't even funny.

I have a feeling many cities, including Chicago, will soon be war zones with so many random killings. Life is not valued anymore. People will just bring machine guns to places or shot guns and just start firing. This incident is AWFUL. I'm sick of this s***.

Why would anybody going to the high school game at Gately Stadium tonight feel confident they'll make it home alive?? I'm so sick of f***ing violence and can anybody dispute my prediction of the warzones in major cities in the future? It's going to keep GETTING WORSE.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 09:21 PM)
I have a feeling many cities, including Chicago, will soon be war zones with so many random killings. Life is not valued anymore. People will just bring machine guns to places or shot guns and just start firing. This incident is AWFUL. I'm sick of this s***.

Why would anybody going to the high school game at Gately Stadium tonight feel confident they'll make it home alive?? I'm so sick of f***ing violence and can anybody dispute my prediction of the warzones in major cities in the future? It's going to keep GETTING WORSE.

I agree it's awful and I'm glad someone was actually disturbed by this.

But keep in mind that violence has plunged nationwide, especially in cities. As bad as Chicago is right now, it's this noticeable because the coastal cities have done so much better. The rustbelt cities have not seen the population resurgence.

I hope things can get better fast, because so many children are dying right now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 05:21 PM)

The murder rate in Chicago is down 50% over the last 2 decades.

Oh, by the way, 7.62 mm NATO Round assault style rifle used in this shooting. Not legal in Chicago but legal right across the state lines.

I've tried buying toys like that from the fun stores in Indiana. They won't sell it to you if you're from Illinois, even with a FOID. You could try Armslist I guess, I don't know if those guys are willing to risk having it come back on them either.

Its not as simple as just saying "Hey Mr. Indiana, 4 ASSAULT STYLE KILLRIFLES, a box of bombs and 7 BANANACLIPS with 2000 rounds of your best BABYSEEKING AMMO, please. Oh, and some cheap smokes." You have to first get your hands on the weapon, which isn't easy because they are expensive things that people are usually very protective of, then you have to break a whole heapin' helpin' of laws. But yea, I guess if you're a murderer you don't really care about breaking laws, which makes me wonder what good banning guns would do.

Except Chicago effectively has a gun ban.

And people get shot everyday.

So we already know, it doesn't work banning guns. Even if you try to blame it on Indiana.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 06:29 PM)
I've tried buying toys like that from the fun stores in Indiana. They won't sell it to you if you're from Illinois, even with a FOID. You could try Armslist I guess, I don't know if those guys are willing to risk having it come back on them either.

Its not as simple as just saying "Hey Mr. Indiana, 4 ASSAULT STYLE KILLRIFLES, a box of bombs and 7 BANANACLIPS with 2000 rounds of your best BABYSEEKING AMMO, please. Oh, and some cheap smokes." You have to first get your hands on the weapon, which isn't easy because they are expensive things that people are usually very protective of, then you have to break a whole heapin' helpin' of laws. But yea, I guess if you're a murderer you don't really care about breaking laws, which makes me wonder what good banning guns would do.

Except Chicago effectively has a gun ban.

And people get shot everyday.

So we already know, it doesn't work banning guns. Even if you try to blame it on Indiana.

Because when you can only ban guns in one area, you can't cut off guns coming from outside.

Because when you can only ban guns in one area, you can't cut off guns coming from outside.

But its impossible to legally buy guns in Indiana if you're from Illinois. I tried.

So these guys in Chicago are probably getting them illegally. Now do you think illegal arms dealers are going to obey a new gun law? And even if you do pass it, how the hell are you going to be able to enforce when you cannot enforce the current laws worth a damn? When laws are not working, the solution is not more laws.

I know you're answer. A big dump truck of money, if not from the Feds then from Indiana taxpayers because you know Illinois is way too ingrained with the liberal entitlement mentality (also IL is broke) to pay for anything.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 08:02 PM)
But its impossible to legally buy guns in Indiana if you're from Illinois. I tried.

So these guys in Chicago are probably getting them illegally. Now do you think illegal arms dealers are going to obey a new gun law? And even if you do pass it, how the hell are you going to be able to enforce when you cannot enforce the current laws worth a damn? When laws are not working, the solution is not more laws.

I know you're answer. A big dump truck of money, if not from the Feds then from Indiana taxpayers because you know Illinois is way too ingrained with the liberal entitlement mentality (also IL is broke) to pay for anything.

How about we just stop manufacturing them?

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 07:02 PM)
Now do you think illegal arms dealers are going to obey a new gun law?

And rapists ignore rape laws, auto thieves ignore auto theft laws, etc. Are you suggesting we only wrote laws that people will never break? That seems like a nice thing, but kind of naive.

And rapists ignore rape laws, auto thieves ignore auto theft laws, etc. Are you suggesting we only wrote laws that people will never break? That seems like a nice thing, but kind of naive.

But banning rape isn't someone roundabout way of preventing rape. Its directly saying "if you rape people ans you're caught we'll send you to prison." Firm, direct and simple. No social engineering there.

Now, thinking we have too many murders than start banning things we think might cause them not is actually doing anything more to punish or dissuade murderers than the preexisting law against murder. Its just social engineering for the purpose of disarming the population and eradicating a way of life for many people.

And Jake, I know in your fantasy world gun owners have nothing but contempt for human life and deserve to be killed from the sky by your deity-government abomination thing you believe in. But the reality is if some dude from Chicago shows up to buy a rifle almost everyone will say no because they are worried about whqt it'll be used for.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 20, 2013 -> 10:36 PM)
The murder rate in Chicago is down 50% over the last 2 decades.

Interesting, but Chicago is the laughingstock of the country this week with reports it is the new MURDER CAPITAL of the f***ing USA. Disgraceful and the government leaders should all be shown the door. Get it fricking fixed!!!!!! Fire these bastards if they can't.

Chicago used to be known for anything but MURDER nationally. It used to be regarded as the best of the big cities. A huge city with a true kind Midwestern feel. The capital of the Midwest! Now, folks, this great city is a national disgrace until it gets this MURDER problem fixed.

Pisses me off to no end!!!

Edited by greg775

And Detroit once upon time made enough stuff to win a world war. Its over for Chicago the same way its over for Detroit. The best outcome the city could hope for is not being on the ledge of being unincorporated like could very well still happen to Detroit. Its the city listed on my birth certificate, it is home to me, so while it does bring me some joy to see the liberals fail yet again I just wish it couldve been somewhere else.

Expecting a return to former glory for Chicago is going to leave you disappointed. The future of the city is basically North Platte NE mixed with Cleveland/Detroit/Milwaukee type rot... whole lotta trains, whole lotta vacancy.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 07:40 AM)
And Detroit once upon time made enough stuff to win a world war. Its over for Chicago the same way its over for Detroit. The best outcome the city could hope for is not being on the ledge of being unincorporated like could very well still happen to Detroit. Its the city listed on my birth certificate, it is home to me, so while it does bring me some joy to see the liberals fail yet again I just wish it couldve been somewhere else.

Expecting a return to former glory for Chicago is going to leave you disappointed. The future of the city is basically North Platte NE mixed with Cleveland/Detroit/Milwaukee type rot... whole lotta trains, whole lotta vacancy.

You have smoked yourself retarded.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 21, 2013 -> 05:40 AM)

So true. If only Chicago were more like one of the many conservative metropolises scattered across the country. Those are all so massive and successful.

Salt Lake City, Dallas, Houston (sadly is turning liberal, its fate looms), San Antonio, Charlotte, Indianapolis, Anchorage, Phoenix... I think combined those cities have fewer murders every year than Chicago. And they cost less to live (EVIL RICH PEOPLE MAKE THINGS EXPENSIVE GRRRR) in than New York, Boston or Chicago. Portland hugely benefits from the rest of Oregon being so conservative.

I mean none of these compare to liberal boomtowns like Gary or Baltimore but one day I'm sure they strive to be as successful as those cities are now.