Favorite non-star White Sox players

southsider2k5

I don't know how this will go, but we'll try it anyway. Who are some of your all-time favorite White Sox players who weren't really star players. Not guys like Frank, Paulie, Buehrle etc. I saw Jose Valentin come in another thread... those are the types of guys I am talking about. Not the all-stars, but the guys you fell in love with anyway.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always loved middle relievers with stupid good stuff. Marte (under Manuel), Gordon, Politte, Cotts, Jenks (in 2005), Thornton, Putz, and even Nate Jones now stick out. Hermanson was awesome too. Until I found out about how big of a d-bag he was I loved Brian Anderson, even if I knew he sucked offensively. I always loved Uribe too.

Always had a soft spot for G-Load. I think I may be the only person who ever goes to a Sox game with a Gload shirt.

Also Ehren Wassermann - hard not to like a guy who was signed from an open tryout, and made it all the way to the majors. Even had a pretty good season in 2007. He was also just fun to watch pitch.

Earlier years... I liked Greg Walker in his playing days. Rudy Law, Tim Hulett, Brook Fordyce, Scott Radinsky too.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 25, 2013 -> 02:31 PM)
Oh and, Pablo Ozuna. His throwing a guy out from LF, the squirrel chase... he was a guy who clearly just loved playing, and had fun doing it.

I'll second Pablo, loved watching that guy play when he was here.

Where's the Ben Davis fan club?

I got a zillion of 'em. Going to the Way-Back Machine: J. C. Martin, Jim Landis, Joe Cunningham, Juan Pizarro, Al Weis, Charlie "Paw Paw" Maxwell, Dave Nicholson (my favorite as a kid), Moose Skowron, Smokey Burgess, Gene Freese, Danny Cater, Walt "No Neck" Williams, Rich McKinney, Bart Johnson, Goose Gossage (hadn't becone a star yet), Pat Kelly, Jorge Orta, Wayne Nordhagen, Lamar Johnson, Jim Essian, Ron Kittle, Julio Cruz, Tom Paciorek, Ivan Calderon, Warren Newson, Ron Karkovice, Herbert "The Milkman" Perry, Jose Valentin, Tony Graffanino, Aaron Rowand, Shingo Takatsu and Scott Podsednik.

I'm sure I failed to mention a lot more.