What Does Pence Re-Signing Mean For Sox

Marty34

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 09:35 AM)
De Aza works out to be an average Major Leaguer. Look at his numbers -- this year is no different. An average Major Leaguer at arbitration price on a team with 100 losses is nothing to shake a stick at. You guys are crazy.

Judging by the rest of the Sox roster, finding average Major Leaguers is a lot harder than it seems.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 30, 2013 -> 09:35 AM)
De Aza works out to be an average Major Leaguer. Look at his numbers -- this year is no different. An average Major Leaguer at arbitration price on a team with 100 losses is nothing to shake a stick at. You guys are crazy.

Yup, I completely agree. I get the frustration with De Aza as he was annoying as hell this year but the guy is not a bad baseball player. To just trade him for nothing or non tender him would be stupid.

I'm thinking DeAza was one of the guys Konerko was talking about when he said players couldn't wait for the season to end. The team was good last year, and DeAza didn't make these mistakes. Team sucks, he makes dumb mistakes. It's not an acceptable excuse, really, but I can understand not being focused on the game when most of the guys hitting behind you suck and can't drive you in.