LF Markakis age 32 $10m Signed in '15

CF Rasmus age 30 $20M Signed in 15

RF Garcia age 25

SP Sale age 27

SP Quitana age 27

SP Santiago age 28

SP Johnson age 26

SP Danks age 31

I like it...but uhhhh, kinda strange coming from you.

I would be surprised if one of Beck and/or Bassit aren't in the rotation come 2016...and if they're not then they more than likely have been traded for a major league piece.

Also wouldn't shock me if Rienzo is apart of the rotation either.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 07:21 PM)
$20M for Colby Rasmus???.

Rasmus was a 4.8 fWAR player this year despite only playing 118 games. He's just coming into his prime, so if he keeps playing at that level, I don't think $20M is out of the question. Probly closer to $15m, but lets see what kind of season he has next year.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 08:58 PM)
Rasmus was a 4.8 fWAR player this year despite only playing 118 games. He's just coming into his prime, so if he keeps playing at that level, I don't think $20M is out of the question. Probly closer to $15m, but lets see what kind of season he has next year.

Holy s***, are you serious? You could have told me he was a 1 WAR player and I would have believed you more. That's shocking.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)
Holy s***, are you serious? You could have told me he was a 1 WAR player and I would have believed you more. That's shocking.

That's what I'm saying! Looking at his stats though, an .839 OPS would have qualified him in the top 30 in baseball and he was on a 30 homer pace. Still shocking though.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 10:07 PM)
That's what I'm saying! Looking at his stats though, an .839 OPS would have qualified him in the top 30 in baseball and he was on a 30 homer pace. Still shocking though.

Lol there's just no way any of this true.

Micah Johnson is miles away from being a projected major league starter.

Biggest problem, even moreso than giving Rasmus that contract, is signing an over the hill one dimensional player in Markakis.

If you took away his stats against us, he wouldn't be worth $6 million per year in his declining 30's.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFan05 @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 10:40 PM)
Screw WAR, I'll take Markakis over Rasmus any day. Rasmus is too injury-prone and lacks defense. Markakis is solid all around

How about OPS? Markakis .685 vs Rasmus .840. Screw that too?

He also doesn't lack defense. Using UZR he was the 3rd ranked CF this year, and the 10th ranked CF last year.

At this point Rasmus>>Markakis

QUOTE (ChiSoxFan05 @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 10:40 PM)
Screw WAR, I'll take Markakis over Rasmus any day. Rasmus is too injury-prone and lacks defense. Markakis is solid all around

Markakis, rofl.

You'd take an 87 wRC+/-14.1 defender over a 130 wRC+/+12.1 defender who is several years younger?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFan05 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 06:38 AM)
Ok fine (about their defense) but keep in mind you're getting Rasmus for 135 games and Markakis for 162 (except one year).

Rasmus has averaged 138 games per year over his career, and that includes many games where LaRussa sat him just because he didn't like him (which has been well documented). He has never had any injury problems except for this year. Have any other arguments against Rasmus that you need disproven?

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 06:44 AM)
Rasmus has averaged 138 games per year over his career, and that includes many games where LaRussa sat him just because he didn't like him (which has been well documented). He has never had any injury problems except for this year. Have any other arguments against Rasmus that you need disproven?

In 2011 he only played in 129 games- 35 of which were with the Blue Jays. He missed 15 Blue Jay games because of injury.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFan05 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 07:02 AM)
In 2011 he only played in 129 games- 35 of which were with the Blue Jays. He missed 15 Blue Jay games because of injury.

I never said he was never on the DL. Nearly every player is going to have DL stints at some point or another. A player who averages 138 games played per year (would be higher if not for LaRussa's vendetta against him) is NOT injury prone. In Rasmus's 118 games this year he gave far more value than Markakis did, so who gives a s*** if Markakis played in more games.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFan05 @ Oct 3, 2013 -> 07:02 AM)

Aside from how silly this argument is, we'll go with your logic and numbers. With Rasmus, you get a really good player for 130 and a replacement level player for 32. With Markakis, you get Greek Darin Erstad for 162 games.

Which are you taking?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 2, 2013 -> 09:01 PM)

Rasmus put up a season like this in 2010. Then he hit like s*** for the next 2.