Cardinals vs Pirates series thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 04:09 PM)
I need to go look through the trade scenarios from a couple of months back and see what packages he was involved in, yeah he's pretty good.

Even better would be to read the draft threads and how mad people were going to be if the Sox drafted him...

Has to be burning the Royals' fans and brass that they let both Pujols and Trevor Rosenthal (Lee's Summit, MO) walk right out of their backyard to the hated Cardinals.

Good god, we talk about our talented young pitching, but what St. Louis has rivals pretty much every young talented rotation since the A's, Braves or Rays.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 09:59 PM)
Whelp, it was fun while it lasted. Going forward, it would be nice to see Pittsburgh make semi-regular playoff appearances instead of reprising their role in the War of Suck opposite the Cubs, battling for last place in the NL Central.

I feel supremely confident when I say the Pirates are here and will be a legit contender for a while.

I despise Cardinals fans. They all act like they've never won anything before. I have seen this quote twice on my facebook regarding the series win "words cannot describe how I feel right now"

Jesus, act like you've been there before. If the White Sox won a single playoff series this year, I'd have been pretty happy...but words would have described it.

I remember the Laker fans in the 1980s couldn't be bothered to show up until the playoffs, and even then, maybe the second round. So I'm happy to see fans excited early. Plus the Cardinals are the team that Cub fans love to hate.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 01:37 AM)
I despise Cardinals fans. They all act like they've never won anything before. I have seen this quote twice on my facebook regarding the series win "words cannot describe how I feel right now"

Jesus, act like you've been there before. If the White Sox won a single playoff series this year, I'd have been pretty happy...but words would have described it.

Agreed. I'm gonna have to hide some of these hillbillies on Facebook until the playoffs end.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 01:37 AM)

Speaking of "act like you've been there before"...how about Adam Wainwright? He's been on the mound to end a World Series before.

It was a 6-1 ballgame. He knew they were going to win the game. Yes, it was a Game 5, but if the Cardinals lose the NLCS, they still only won the NL Central. It's not like they won something new last night. So Adam, why are you acting like you just won another World Series....or even a pennant? Yes, a couple fist pumps and high fives all around. But it was overboard for that team.

And while I'm complaining...another trend I've seen this postseason...when you lose the series, grab your stuff and head to the clubhouse. These losing players sitting in the dugout watching the other team celebrate makes me think they just want to "show how much they care", when they really just want face time on TV. You lost, Jason Grilli. Leave the dugout.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 10, 2013 -> 09:20 AM)
Speaking of "act like you've been there before"...how about Adam Wainwright? He's been on the mound to end a World Series before.

It was a 6-1 ballgame. He knew they were going to win the game. Yes, it was a Game 5, but if the Cardinals lose the NLCS, they still only won the NL Central. It's not like they won something new last night. So Adam, why are you acting like you just won another World Series....or even a pennant? Yes, a couple fist pumps and high fives all around. But it was overboard for that team.

And while I'm complaining...another trend I've seen this postseason...when you lose the series, grab your stuff and head to the clubhouse. These losing players sitting in the dugout watching the other team celebrate makes me think they just want to "show how much they care", when they really just want face time on TV. You lost, Jason Grilli. Leave the dugout.

Have you never watched MLB playoffs before?