Dodgers vs Braves Series thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)
Freddy Garcia is starting game 4 for the Braves.

Freddy's a great big game pitcher, but isn't he almost 40 now?

It's baseball though, too damn unpredictable to call any 2-1 series over, no matter who is playing or pitching.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dodgers announce Kershaw will start tonight on 3 days rest.

Dumb move if you ask me. Nolasco should be good enough to beat Sweaty Freddy. If you win tonight with Nolasco, you have your rotation set perfectly for the NLCS. And historically, the numbers don't favor pitchers going on short rest.

Edited by LittleHurt05

I like Kershaw on short rest, he's a beast and is the definitive workhorse.

Also...

Nolasco allowed 17 runs in 12 innings over his past three starts. His last start was Sept. 25, so he would have been starting with 12 days between starts, with only one inning of relief on Sept. 29 in between.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
Dodgers announce Kershaw will start tonight on 3 days rest.

Dumb move if you ask me. Nolasco should be good enough to beat Sweaty Freddy. If you win tonight with Nolasco, you have your rotation set perfectly for the NLCS. And historically, the numbers don't favor pitchers going on short rest.

I think they're more concerned with winning this series right now.

They'll still have Greinke for game 5 if this move doesn't work out.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 04:16 PM)

Pitching a guy on 3 days rest is also a decision you make based on your knowledge of the pitcher. Leyland has refused to pitch Verlander on 3 days rest before when it seemed really obvious that he should go. The Dodgers know Kershaw at this point, they know his arm and makeup as much as anyone. Hindsight of course is 20/20, but you can finish this series right now and have him set to go in game 2 and game 6 of the NLCS also.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)

Speaking of looking ahead too far, remember when Lou Pinella wanted to save Carlos Zambrano for game 4 in the 2007 NLDS and only let him throw 5 innings in game 1, only to never even make it to game 4?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 05:39 PM)
Speaking of looking ahead too far, remember when Lou Pinella wanted to save Carlos Zambrano for game 4 in the 2007 NLDS and only let him throw 5 innings in game 1, only to never even make it to game 4?

Every time that series is mentioned, the Ted Lilly gif must be posted.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2013 -> 09:53 PM)
Uh oh, the best centerfielder playing right field in the history of the game just played a double into a triple

Seems he also hit a double to get into scoring position for Uribe's homer...which would have been a single for about 90% of MLB hitters.

So there's that. If he wasn't on second, Uribe wouldn't have failed on two bunt attempts in a row and probably would have struck out trying to tie the game all by himself instead of just making contact to move the runner to 3rd with one out.

8 for 17, 5 runs scored, a double, 2 RBI's and a huge momentum-changing outfield assist.

I think most MLB teams would prefer to have him on their side than try to beat him.

And the ball the runner on 3rd scored on, the single to CF, would have scored 90% of MLB runners from 2nd base.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 02:48 AM)
Seems he also hit a double to get into scoring position for Uribe's homer...which would have been a single for about 90% of MLB hitters.

So there's that. If he wasn't on second, Uribe wouldn't have failed on two bunt attempts in a row and probably would have struck out trying to tie the game all by himself instead of just making contact to move the runner to 3rd with one out.

8 for 17, 5 runs scored, a double, 2 RBI's and a huge momentum-changing outfield assist.

I think most MLB teams would prefer to have him on their side than try to beat him.

And the ball the runner on 3rd scored on, the single to CF, would have scored 90% of MLB runners from 2nd base.

Where did I say that I wouldn't want him?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 02:48 AM)

Are you sure you aren't related to Puig? Also, because Juan Uribe hit the home run, we should probably give Juan Uribe the credit for hitting the home run. We shouldn't say "if Yasiel Puig doesn't hit a double, Juan Uribe doesn't hit a home run, thus it's because of Yasiel Puig that Juan Uribe hit the home run."

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)
Are you sure you aren't related to Puig? Also, because Juan Uribe hit the home run, we should probably give Juan Uribe the credit for hitting the home run. We shouldn't say "if Yasiel Puig doesn't hit a double, Juan Uribe doesn't hit a home run, thus it's because of Yasiel Puig that Juan Uribe hit the home run."

When the Sox picked up Manny and a couple of guys homered with Manny on deck, a few people on here gave no steroid Manny all of the credit.

BTW, it's nice to see the Uribe love. When he was a White Sox, he was a punching bag around here.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 10:48 AM)
When the Sox picked up Manny and a couple of guys homered with Manny on deck, a few people on here gave no steroid Manny all of the credit.

BTW, it's nice to see the Uribe love. When he was a White Sox, he was a punching bag around here.

Thats because he sucked the last couple years he was here.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 11:06 AM)
Thats because he sucked the last couple years he was here.

Outside of 2004, Uribe was never all that good with the Sox. 2005 was a decent year, but every other year was pretty bad.