Sox to Make Hard Push for Granderson

Chicago White Sox

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Oct 15, 2013 -> 08:04 PM)
The prob is there's no way to sort by a minimum # of opportunities. If I set a min of 400 plate appearances, here's that list:

Florimon 68%

Shuck 66

Dozier 62

Bonifacio 61

Kinsler 61

Trout 59

Bautista 58

Puig 58

Aybar 57

Alc. Escobar 57

Rasmus, Andrus, Bourn, Stubbs, Jennings, Reyes, Crisp, Alexei closely after that

But Trout was on 1st base when a single was hit 44 times. Florimon (amazingly) only 12 times in 440 pa. There'd obviously be a decent amount of variability in this one stat year-to-year based on the small sample size. Nonetheless, as you see, you've got a lot of the usual suspects at the top of the list.

For comparison, since he's been discussed so much, De Aza was at 56% last year, and now 50% for his career.

Would have expected to see Bourjos, Marte, a couple of others....what was Billy Hamilton in his limited appearances?

That huge outfield explains Florimon and Dozier.

JB Shuck and Bautista? Hmmm.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 03:27 AM)
Would have expected to see Bourjos, Marte, a couple of others....what was Billy Hamilton in his limited appearances?

That huge outfield explains Florimon and Dozier.

JB Shuck and Bautista? Hmmm.

Bourjos was 56%. Had less than 200 plate appearances.

Hamilton 100%. 5 for 5 scoring from 2nd on single, no surprise.

Also realized that link was just AL.

Bautista has been good in that stat consistently. He's apparently pretty aggressive on the base paths, and so makes quite a few outs as well.

Edited by Vance Law

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 02:23 AM)
Coachable in terms of general offensive philosophy and making smart decisions (not going brain dead on routine plays) out in the field on a consistent basis.

I don't believe Alejandro De Aza can learn how to steal bases.

(show Alexei's improvement)

Yeah BUT HOW DID HE DO IN THE FIELD

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 08:32 AM)
I don't believe Alejandro De Aza can learn how to steal bases.

(show Alexei's improvement)

Yeah BUT HOW DID HE DO IN THE FIELD

It's entirely possible, in that you can't DISPROVE it, that a player's defensive and baserunning skills are fueled by the SAME pool of mana. If this is true, and also the law of conservation of mass and energy is true, we can assume that any improvement ADA would make in one category would necessarily make him worse in the other.

As far as explaining him getting worse at both? He would have to have been selling his mana for drugs or something.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 10:15 AM)
It's entirely possible, in that you can't DISPROVE it, that a player's defensive and baserunning skills are fueled by the SAME pool of mana. If this is true, and also the law of conservation of mass and energy is true, we can assume that any improvement ADA would make in one category would necessarily make him worse in the other.

As far as explaining him getting worse at both? He would have to have been selling his mana for drugs or something.

I hate those mana for health spells. I mean seriously, just save a f***ing potion or something

Vincent Rizzo Sports ‏@VRizzoSports 21 Oct

#MLB #NYYankee outfielder Curtis Granderson is VERY CLOSE to sign 5-YEAR DEAL W/ Chicago White Sox, deal worth 16 million per yr. #VRSports

Dont know how credible this guy is so take it with a grain of salt

I'd bet just about any amount of money that isn't true. Nobody is giving Granderson that kind of money.

Edit: Also just noticed the tweet was from three days ago. No way that doesn't get some play from the usual sources if there's any truth to it.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 01:19 PM)
I'd bet just about any amount of money that isn't true. Nobody is giving Granderson that kind of money.

Edit: Also just noticed the tweet was from three days ago. No way that doesn't get some play from the usual sources if there's any truth to it.

This Rizzo fellow is a bookie so he might take you up on that bet.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 11:36 AM)
I'd give him 3:1 odds and I'd even give him +/- one year on the length of contract and +/- $3M on the money per year.

The whole Granderson to the Sox thing has to be garbage . Hahn keeps talkig about acquiring players who fit long term and Grandy ain't that. Not even close and at those prices I'd lose all faith in Hahn.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
The whole Granderson to the Sox thing has to be garbage . Hahn keeps talkig about acquiring players who fit long term and Grandy ain't that. Not even close and at those prices I'd lose all faith in Hahn.

It is false. The Sox can't talk to him until 5 days after the WS.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 24, 2013 -> 12:34 PM)
It is false. The Sox can't talk to him until 5 days after the WS.

Yea I understand I'm just saying the whole thing from the very beginning in the Suntimes and everything about it is garbage. If Granderson signs with anyone before New Years I'd be surprised.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside