Sox to Make Hard Push for Granderson

Chicago White Sox

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 25, 2013 -> 12:38 AM)
Just.....uh.....just PM it to me and then I'll mass PM everyone.....yeah.

LOL. Trying to figure it out.

Either way, I think Granderson was plan B, and frankly not as talked about as it was in the media. Now I could be shocked and see some activity next week, but right now I'm seeing alot of scouts flying to Chicago. And you wouldnt need those for someone like Granderson.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2013 -> 02:13 AM)

Either way, I think Granderson was plan B, and frankly not as talked about as it was in the media. Now I could be shocked and see some activity next week, but right now I'm seeing alot of scouts flying to Chicago. And you wouldnt need those for someone like Granderson.

What would make a lot of scouts fly to Chicago?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 25, 2013 -> 01:13 AM)

Isn't Granderson from Chicago? Wouldn't be surprised if he still lives here in the offseason.

Not that they're like, scouting him on the couch or whatever, lol. I don't know, I guess it doesn't matter.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (dayan024 @ Nov 3, 2013 -> 08:27 PM)
Curtis Granderson in Chicago at blackhawks game 2nite shooting puck at 2nd intermission with free agency only 2 days away.. Granderson mite be a whitesox come tuesday or it mite just be wishful thinking on my part

I saw that too. I'm hoping it's a sign because he's so much better than Alejandro, but I don't know. To those downgrading him, imagine our 2012 lineup with Abreu and Grandy in it. A gigantic improvement.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFan05 @ Nov 3, 2013 -> 09:44 PM)
I saw that too. I'm hoping it's a sign because he's so much better than Alejandro, but I don't know. To those downgrading him, imagine our 2012 lineup with Abreu and Grandy in it. A gigantic improvement.

I think even I would rather have De Aza and his contract than Granderson and his contract. I love Granderson, but I don't want him unless he's signing a 2 yr/$24M deal at the most. He should be a 3+ WAR player, but he had an injured 2013 and his defense, sabr speaking, is all over the place. But a 2 yr deal doesn't really make a difference, so I'd rather not sign him at all.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 3, 2013 -> 09:52 PM)
I think even I would rather have De Aza and his contract than Granderson and his contract. I love Granderson, but I don't want him unless he's signing a 2 yr/$24M deal at the most. He should be a 3+ WAR player, but he had an injured 2013 and his defense, sabr speaking, is all over the place. But a 2 yr deal doesn't really make a difference, so I'd rather not sign him at all.

I'm ok with Granderson getting money but I don't think he's an everyday CF, or at least probably not any more. Maybe for a year. But...I could put up with it if they are able to get good value from De Aza in a trade.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 3, 2013 -> 10:52 PM)

Makes a difference if they're trying to compete those 2 years.