Koch update

southsider2k5

This was in today's Trib.

Billy Koch threw 91-94 m.p.h. during his one-inning stint Monday at Triple-A Charlotte. He gave up two earned runs on three hits.

"I heard he got out of his delivery a little bit, which is normal because he hasn't faced any hitters in a while," Manuel said. "We'll just kind of let this one go and watch the next one."

a moratorium on Billy Koch talk, sightings and wishful predictions -- until March 2004.

please

this team needs to move on without him.

I'm more worried about that twinge in Gordon's hammy last night.

any word on that?

My heart just skipped about 3 beats. I didn't hear anything about Tom's hammy...

I heard he put some swiss and mustard on it, but that's all. You are talking about the sandwich he ate for last night's spread, aren't you??

he was stretching it out behind the mound before he retired the last batter.

probably no big thing, but for a bit it looked as if he might leave the game.

Herm Schneider and Manuel both went to the mound

he insisted on staying in the game, so it's probably cool

Oh crap. That's all we need.

i think it would be best to just have koch shut it down for the season and fix any arm problems that he has so he can come out this spring and be the closer we thought we got..

I'd do the same, but I'd at least give him his shot to prove he can do it in AAA. Once September 1st rolls around, if he's still not cutting it, then I'd thank him and tell him to get back into the dugout with the team the rest of the way and just rest.

His health is important and he shouldn't be pitching at the level he has this year.