PBS special on CTE in football

southsider2k5

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/sports/f...ed=all&_r=0

On Thursday, ESPN, which has spent heavily in recent years to build its investigative reporting team, abruptly ended its affiliation with “Frontline,” a public affairs television series that was weeks from showing a jointly produced two-part investigative project about the N.F.L.’s contentious handling of head injuries. The divorce came a week after the N.F.L. voiced its displeasure with the documentary at a lunch between league and ESPN executives, according to two people with direct knowledge of the situation.

They were involved with the project for over a year, but left abruptly earlier this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 10:03 AM)
Next on Frontline, why orphans and puppies should be murdered.

No, no, it'll be about how orphans and puppies are murdered by banks in coal mines that are polluting the water tables and also kicking the poors while having corrupt police shoot you.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 10:05 AM)
No, no, it'll be about how orphans and puppies are murdered by banks in coal mines that are polluting the water tables and also kicking the poors while having corrupt police shoot you.

Except the police have to be Muslims.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 10:54 AM)
I did watch about an hour. Was amazed that only 20 something reporters covered that press conference at the Super Bowl in 2009. seems like a story right in their wheel house. Also that NFL doctor (Dr. NO) is a freaking bad person.

The parts that shocked me were the 18 and 21 year old's they found with CTE, and that the female Dr who was doing the brain exams found 45 of 46 ex-NFLers brains had CTE.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 10:54 AM)
I did watch about an hour. Was amazed that only 20 something reporters covered that press conference at the Super Bowl in 2009. seems like a story right in their wheel house. Also that NFL doctor (Dr. NO) is a freaking bad person.

Urge to kill shill doctors...rising