Sad story in Oak Lawn...

Y2HH

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 12:55 PM)
http://oaklawn.patch.com/groups/police-and...ged-with-murder

I'm sure some of you may have heard or seen this story on the news, but what in the hell...

Yea, messed up doesnt even begin to cover it. One place you would think would be safe for your child, and that happens

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 12:56 PM)
Yea, messed up doesnt even begin to cover it. One place you would think would be safe for your child, and that happens

This one is a bit closer to home than I'd prefer, not just in location, but I happen to know the parents personally.

I just ... have nothing.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 06:58 PM)
This one is a bit closer to home than I'd prefer, not just in location, but I happen to know the parents personally.

I just ... have nothing.

That's awful, heart goes out to them.

I haven't spoken to them ... too soon are the only words I can think up as to why ... but there is little doubt in my mind that the people I once knew are gone forever. I cannot even fathom what would happen if this was me, it would rob me of my will to live, or care about anything ever again.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 01:02 PM)
I haven't spoken to them ... too soon are the only words I can think up as to why ... but there is little doubt in my mind that the people I once knew are gone forever. I cannot even fathom what would happen if this was me, it would rob me of my will to live, or care about anything ever again.

It's a total mindf***. You not only lose the child you've thus far put 15 months into raising, but you leave it with a person you believe you could trust the most and find out how sick and twisted they are and how could you ever trust anybody with your child again?

This is about the worst thing that could ever happen to a person. My sincerest sympathies.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 9, 2013 -> 06:59 PM)
That's awful, heart goes out to them.

Amen. I hope they realize there are a lot of people in this world who feel their pain and are praying for them. This story has just saddened me to no end.

Seriously, I know we have rules in society. But we know grannie did this. We know how she did it. Shouldn't we take her out and sledgehammer her to death or at least execute her immediately? Did you read the article? About that poor innocent helpless baby crying through the ordeal???

Was this woman possessed by the devil? I mean what the flying f***????? She must be removed from this earth as soon as possible. Please get her in court and get her sentenced to death NOW!!!

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 11, 2013 -> 01:40 PM)
Becasue she brought the sledgehammer in the night before it could be premeditated and therefore eligible for the death penalty.

Does Illinois still have the death penalty?

No. They don't.

She gets to live on via the public dime now while that baby has been deprived of it's life, dreams and future. She will never meet all the people she would have met, have the failures and successes of it's life, or doing something as simple as enjoying a glass of wine ... not to mention the rest of the broken hearts and shattered dreams in that family she left in her wake.

Wanting someone to die is left to a special, dark place in my heart...but this person qualifies unconditionally.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 11, 2013 -> 06:49 PM)
No. They don't.

She gets to live on via the public dime now while that baby has been deprived of it's life, dreams and future. She will never meet all the people she would have met, have the failures and successes of it's life, or doing something as simple as enjoying a glass of wine ... not to mention the rest of the broken hearts and shattered dreams in that family she left in her wake.

Wanting someone to die is left to a special, dark place in my heart...but this person qualifies unconditionally.

I agree. I mean there can't be a more horrific way for a helpless little life to be taken away. And the parents and all the relatives and all the neighbors, and all the police who tended to the scene are left with the aftermath of such a ruthless death of an INNOCENT BABY. How can any human being get over this story ... ever? It can cast doubt on everything, like religion, faith, God, the devil. It will be sickening to see her plead innocent and get a trial and last years before she's sentenced.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 11, 2013 -> 08:08 PM)
I can't say I'm sickened by a lawful judicial process.

Just because it's lawful doesn't mean it isn't flawed. The delays in these cases; the technicalities make me sick. The attorney that will get famous in this case is doing a fine job I'm sure of getting it all started.

p.s. Nice job of acting with the glove, OJ. That really had a lot to do with justice. Your work in Naked Gun paid off.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 11, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
I have plenty of complaints about the criminal justice system in this country. That we still put people through it instead of lynching them without due process is not one of those complaints.

Due process doesn't exist here. She admitted she did it, was caught red-handed with the evidence, DNA, sledgehammer and knife. What's the f***ing deal here? Are you honestly defending her? If so, you've jumped the shark that Fonzie was jumping, on the back of another shark.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 12, 2013 -> 12:53 AM)
Due process doesn't exist here. She admitted she did it, was caught red-handed with the evidence, DNA, sledgehammer and knife. What's the f***ing deal here? Are you honestly defending her? If so, you've jumped the shark that Fonzie was jumping, on the back of another shark.

Exactly!!

I think it is a legitimate complaint of mine to say these motherf***s who are guilty get delay after delay. Put them on trial, convict them and remove them from the planet!!! I can believe in the court system and also say IT IS MAJORLY FLAWED in these cases.

The way it usually goes is ... horrible crime, big-time attorneys take the case. Attorneys delay everything for year after year after year. Trial is held. Attorney becomes famous. Sometimes the person is ultimately found guilty; sometimes not. Let's at least speed up these trials. What this woman did to that child is worthy of getting her on trial soon and convicted and put to death!!! That poor baby.

Edited by greg775