Dodgers vs. Cardinals

knightni

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 12:30 PM)
Absolutely. That is why I said it.

Why must I recommend anything? What does it matter? How about I recommend Puig see a few pitches? There, I said it. All is better now.

Puig has accomplished WAY more than Bonds and Frank and ARod? Remember when you said we shouldnt judge him based on 2 games? Now it is ok to judge him on the previous series consisting of 4 games, only because he did so well in that series?

LMAO, you will jump through any hoop to defend your precious, Golem.

Are you sure it's not Gollum or "Smeagol"?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 01:10 PM)
You realize we have two Cuban players on the White Sox...their weaknesses are pretty much the same, yes? Other than a healthy Miguel Cabrera or Victor Martinez, how many Latin players have what you would consider a great approach at the plate?

And what are your recommendations for improving their performance/s?

If you can change both of them, as well as DeAza, maybe you should be on the White Sox coaching staff, right?

We are talking about a 22 year old rookie, are we not? Who has never played in the MLB playoffs before?

If I remember correctly, many superstars like Bonds and Frank Thomas and A-Rod have struggled mightily in the playoffs (in their entire 20's) and were WAY under anything Puig has accomplished already.

Frank's first playoff series he had an OPS almost 1.100, and an OBP around .600.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 08:59 PM)
I WAS ONLY TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFF PERFORMANCE!!!!

ONCE AGAIN, NOT SAYING HE'S BETTER THAN THOSE PLAYERS....HAYYYS

We are talking about a 22 year old rookie, are we not? Who has never played in the MLB playoffs before?

If I remember correctly, many superstars like Bonds and Frank Thomas and A-Rod have struggled mightily in the playoffs (in their entire 20's) and were WAY under anything Puig has accomplished already.

20 year old Miguel Cabrera had nearly an .800 OPS in the '03 playoffs, and that was brought down by a bad WS. Had a .633 SLG% and a 1.027 OPS in the NLCS against some team, I can't remember which one it was.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 08:59 PM)
I WAS ONLY TALKING ABOUT PLAYOFF PERFORMANCE!!!!

ONCE AGAIN, NOT SAYING HE'S BETTER THAN THOSE PLAYERS....HAYYYS

LOL. Do you realize how ridiculous you come off sometimes? To actually compare playoff numbers between players is absolutely absurd. You need large sample sizes to be able to come up with a significant sample size to determine whether or not a player is "clutch" because it's the postseason, and the absolute most you could really get in 1 postseason appearance is 100, but that's if you played in the Wild Card round, 5 games in the LDS, 7 in the LCS, and 7 in the World Series. That's never happened. More likely, you get a guy who ends up with anywhere between 10 and 60 plate appearances.

But really, you should compare what he did to Danny Bautista in the 2001 World Series. Or compare his World Series stats to Geoff Blum's.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 07:55 AM)
LOL. Do you realize how ridiculous you come off sometimes? To actually compare playoff numbers between players is absolutely absurd. You need large sample sizes to be able to come up with a significant sample size to determine whether or not a player is "clutch" because it's the postseason, and the absolute most you could really get in 1 postseason appearance is 100, but that's if you played in the Wild Card round, 5 games in the LDS, 7 in the LCS, and 7 in the World Series. That's never happened. More likely, you get a guy who ends up with anywhere between 10 and 60 plate appearances.

But really, you should compare what he did to Danny Bautista in the 2001 World Series. Or compare his World Series stats to Geoff Blum's.

KYLLe was the one micro-analyzing Puig this series.

Just thought I would return the favor to show how ridiculous that is, as well.

If I was actually being 100% serious, your point would be well taken, thanks.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 07:55 AM)

Nobody compares to Geoff Blum.

NOBODY!!!!

Jesus Mary and Josephine...that's crazy talk.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 10:08 AM)
KYLLe was the one micro-analyzing Puig this series.

Just thought I would return the favor to show how ridiculous that is, as well.

If I was actually being 100% serious, your point would be well taken, thanks.

No, KyYlE was the one poking fun at your Puig stalking obsession

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 09:21 AM)
No, KyYlE was the one poking fun at your Puig stalking obsession

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2013 -> 05:40 AM) *

Amazingly inept at the plate kind of like 0/11 with 7 k's(5 in a row) before that triple?

Amazingly boneheaded like staring at a ball and posing when you think the ball is out of the park?

It's a wonder you get much more upset about what he does than the White Sox players this season, lol.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 10:28 AM)
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2013 -> 05:40 AM) *

Amazingly inept at the plate kind of like 0/11 with 7 k's(5 in a row) before that triple?

Amazingly boneheaded like staring at a ball and posing when you think the ball is out of the park?

It's a wonder you get much more upset about what he does than the White Sox players this season, lol.

Put it in context, and put up your post I was responding to.

Then you will once again see that I am poking fun at your Puig stalking obsession. Kind of like when I proclaim that Puig is the best centerfielder ever to play right field in the history of the game except for Roberto Clemente

And the White Sox stopped factoring in to my stress way back in May. No need to get upset when they clearly were not going anywhere.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 17, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)
Put it in context, and put up your post I was responding to.

Then you will once again see that I am poking fun at your Puig stalking obsession. Kind of like when I proclaim that Puig is the best centerfielder ever to play right field in the history of the game except for Roberto Clemente

And the White Sox stopped factoring in to my stress way back in May. No need to get upset when they clearly were not going anywhere.

THIS IS WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID, BY THE WAY

The only reason I said "best left fielder in baseball" was not about his overall ability, but simply the fact that fielding-wise, and arm strength, I can't think of anyone who has a better set of tools. (And it was the first game he played in LF, after starting all those games in RF with Crawford and Kemp out).

And later on, I also acknowleged that Bourjos/Trout were better right now, depending on who was playing LF/RF at that time for the Angels.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 18, 2013 -> 10:12 PM)

People seem to forget that the Cardinals are only popular by default. Apparently the benefit of having a giant f***ing transmitter that broadcasts to like 30 states is that everyone's Dad was a Cardinals fan in the 60s and now there are 8 billion little Cardinals babies running around acting like they were voted America's team by the Mount Rushmore presidents. 10/10/13 2:26pm

Joseph FinnUFartsmello Anthony141L

You've also just explained the Cubs fans outside of Chicago (leaving aside those who've moved elsewhere to die). Having WGN-AM blasting them over half the continent when there were basically no teams west of the Mississippi had something to do with that. 10/10/13 2:37pm

I think this has a LOT to do with it....not having the Rangers, the Astros, the Rockies, the Braves (to compete with in the SE)...and with a ton of their minor league affiliates spread throughout the South, KMOX and their extensive radio network ensured the development of legions of fans (and their children and grandchildren).

My comment/s

Puig enrages NLCS umpires...

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/10/18/485...dgers-cardinals

Edited by caulfield12

With all of that said with Cardinals and their fans being tremendous douchebags, the players on the Dodgers are also giant douchebags. Puig, perhaps, is the ringleader which is sad since he's always had questions about his character/conduct.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 05:40 PM)
With all of that said with Cardinals and their fans being tremendous douchebags, the players on the Dodgers are also giant douchebags. Puig, perhaps, is the ringleader which is sad since he's always had questions about his character/conduct.

More than Greinke? Kemp? Adrian Gonzalez?

There are also a lot of role players like Uribe, Punto and Schumacher who /are/were beloved by their fanbases.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 19, 2013 -> 06:55 PM)
Greinke Kemp and Agon had questions about their character/conduct? News to me

Pretty much everyone hated Greinke on the Royals....and of course there were questions about his character, he has an anti-social personality disorder and almost walked away from the game to mow lawns with his headphones on for the rest of his life.

He's had how much bench clearing brawls and beanings on his record?

Kemp, you can find a ton of stuff out there on him, too.

A-Gone, not so much.