Article on Micker Zapata Adolfo

Boopa1219

I still view Zapata (or is it Adolfo) as a lottery ticket. He just turned 17. He shouldn't even be on Kannapolis until 2016, so I kind of just want to forget about him for a couple years and hope there's a baseball player there, come 2016.

Hawkins was moved up too soon, but his problem may just be he doesn't have the talent to hit professional curve balls.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
I still view Zapata (or is it Adolfo) as a lottery ticket. He just turned 17. He shouldn't even be on Kannapolis until 2016, so I kind of just want to forget about him for a couple years and hope there's a baseball player there, come 2016.

Hawkins was moved up too soon, but his problem may just be he doesn't have the talent to hit professional curve balls.

Zapata is at very least 4 years away. 5 or 6 years is more realistic. That really should give people some perspective.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 09:04 AM)
Much different situation.

I was joking. But in all seriousness, I am glad to see Rick Hahn and Marco Paddy investing in the international market and building a reputation of being serious players in Latin America. And when July 2nd comes around with their $5 million spending pool, they're are going to grab multiple impact players.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 12:57 PM)
I was joking. But in all seriousness, I am glad to see Rick Hahn and Marco Paddy investing in the international market and building a reputation of being serious players in Latin America. And when July 2nd comes around with their $5 million spending pool, they're are going to grab multiple impact players.

Any idea what this class looks like?

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)

He can indeed hit curve balls, that isn't really the problem.

His problems are pitch recognition (he's guessing right now), too much load and prep action (which he partially alleviated late in the season), and an inability to stay inside pitches on the inner half.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 16, 2013 -> 11:04 AM)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,4924051.story

Adolfo now....has dropped Zapata officially, it seems

A glowing Tribune puff piece on a Sox prospect....for now at least. Buddy Bell quotes always scare me, btw.

waiting for the other shoe to drop....

right..