Josh Johnson?

hi8is

You decide...  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or nay

• Yay
    • Nay

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 08:45 AM)
Unless they get a franchise 3B, I don't see them dealing starting pitching. It was a bit different before we signed Abreu, but I am sure the Sox feel they have their clean up and 1B for the next six years now. It solidifies the line up a lot.

I'd guess that's exactly what they'd try to target.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 03:14 AM)
I am one of those fans that are pushing for a rebuild of the organization, but I am all for the White Sox signing Johnson to a one year deal, only because if he performs well Rick Hahn can deal him to a contending team at the deadline and get some good prospects in return. My only reservation is that the Sox would loose a draft for signing him, and to me he is not worth it.

If the Blue Jays are willing to make a qualifying offer of $14 million to him, then there is no way he's pitching anywhere next year except Toronto. Otherwise, there is no draft pick compensation necessary.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 07:31 AM)
Sounds great in theory. Who does that fit in reality?

Juan Uribe? Kyle Seager? Brett Lawrie?

I guess they could make a play for Prado, if there's a match with pitching we're willing to give up.

David Freese? There's very little chance the Cardinals trade him, or the Royals trade Moustakas at this point.

Middlebrooks? Doubtful.

Michael Young doesn't make much sense either.

Castellanos is going to be in LF next year for the Tigers.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
Kyle Seager? Brett Lawrie?

Either of those would be an interesting option, but I would definitely think Lawrie makes sense as a guy we could target. They definitely have a strong need for pitching, and the fact that the Sox can send a tolerable player or two back who can cover 3b for them cheaply in Gillaspie so that it's not creating a mighty hole in their roster could be a key in making it work.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
Juan Uribe? Kyle Seager? Brett Lawrie?

I guess they could make a play for Prado, if there's a match with pitching we're willing to give up.

David Freese? There's very little chance the Cardinals trade him, or the Royals trade Moustakas at this point.

Middlebrooks? Doubtful.

Michael Young doesn't make much sense either.

Castellanos is going to be in LF next year for the Tigers.

Jhonny Peralta?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 08:53 AM)
Either of those would be an interesting option, but I would definitely think Lawrie makes sense as a guy we could target. They definitely have a strong need for pitching, and the fact that the Sox can send a tolerable player or two back who can cover 3b for them cheaply in Gillaspie so that it's not creating a mighty hole in their roster could be a key in making it work.

I'm not sure why SEA or TOR would be motivated to trade those guys at all. TOR needs pitching, but they can come across that much easier than another 3B.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 21, 2013 -> 12:48 PM)
Peralta would not be THE WORST option in the world, but it wouldn't be easy to stomach.

Coming off the year he's had offensively, you'd have to think he would magically regress again.

But I'd rather him than Gillaspie/Keppinger at 3B, there's no doubt about that.

He may be a better 3B than SS.

Wouldn't be much worse than the present options that the Sox have right now.