2013-14 off season player movement thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 10:44 PM)
Josh Johnson to the Padres

David Murphey to the Indians

For only $8 million.

He did suck last year (his FIP and xFIP weren't awful though), but for a guy with his resume and given the current market, $8 million on a one year deal with an option is a steal. I wish the Sox could have signed him and traded away Hector for a bat.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)
4 yrs, 32 million for Vargas to the Royals

aaaaand the Royals add another average-ish pitcher at market rate. That's a lot of years for very little discount.

To me this is move that reeks of "consolation prize" which is very weird considering it's November 21st

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 03:29 PM)
Someone had to replace Bruce Chen

Indeed -- it just seems like they spent a ton of money to do it. Seems like they should use dollars to replace Ervin Santana first, then replace Chen with what's left. I don't think Moore is good with handling their payroll budget.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 03:32 PM)
Indeed -- it just seems like they spent a ton of money to do it. Seems like they should use dollars to replace Ervin Santana first, then replace Chen with what's left. I don't think Moore is good with handling their payroll budget.

I was mostly noting that facetiously. Jason Vargas blows and the Royals are stupid.