Mlbfarm.com

QuickJones81

I have no affiliation so please don't consider this spam. I just caught on to this site today and can tell you right now I will be losing a lot of time to it in the future. Maybe some others on here already use it, but this seems to be a good source for scouting insight. Check out the page for Braulio Ortiz that Nathaniel Stoltz posted to his twitter feed:

http://mlbfarm.com/player.php?player_id=60...&position=P

Nice find, this is really cool.

Looking at Braulio Ortiz, he needs to get his body more involved and to drive with his legs more. He has decent looking throwing mechanics, and he may get some run on his ball because of that arm snap, but it looks like he is using too much arm.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 01:25 PM)
Ortiz is part of the first forays into the DR since the Wilder disaster. He is interesting for that reason alone, but the kid seems to have a big arm and projectionalble stuff.

Awesome site, thanks for the tip. I'll be wasting a lot of my time there.

Ortiz is a guy I'll be following very closely. Outside of Danish, he and Olacio have perhaps the greatest upside of our lower minors arms. Very projectionificable.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 04:15 PM)

Ortiz is a guy I'll be following very closely. Outside of Danish, he and Olacio have perhaps the greatest upside of our lower minors arms. Very projectionificable.

And this is my new favorite word

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Oct 30, 2013 -> 04:15 PM)

I think Montas can go into that category. The kid has electric stuff. Just needs to control it all.