Small ball

Bmr31

they would rank near the bottom for sure. the team just isn't designed for that, although I'll say this, after Joe Crede hit that homer yesterday, Miguel Olivo should've dropped a bunt down, that would have been an ideal situation to do it. so even though they aren't designed for it, I think they could find ways to add that style into the mix.

I don't mind teams not walking, as long as they don't strikeout and never go deep into counts.

they would rank near the bottom for sure. the team just isn't designed for that, although I'll say this, after Joe Crede hit that homer yesterday, Miguel Olivo should've dropped a bunt down, that would have been an ideal situation to do it.  so even though they aren't designed for it, I think they could find ways to add that style into the mix.

I don't mind teams not walking, as long as they don't strikeout and never go deep into counts.

I agree, although the sox seem to be getting better at it with each week.

yeah, it is something they much improve upon because right now their offense is power oriented, which isn't the best way to score runs consistently.

the only thing I'd like to see the Sox do more of is bunting and hit and runs. they are gonna have to learn how to manufacture runs when needed because come playoff time, if there is one, we are gonna get into those pitching duels.

Until R. Alomar came around, no one on this team could get a bunt down. He's laid down a few beauties. They are getting better at moving runners over, and aren't making as many stupid baserunning mistakes. It seems runners on 3rd with less than 2 outs are scoring more frequentlhy. Just so they don't rely on a homer 100% of the time, they will score a lot of runs. Hopefully, they'll light up the Boomer tonight. If I recall, the Sox have hit him pretty well historically.

yeah, it is something they much improve upon because right now their offense is power oriented, which isn't the best way to score runs consistently.

the only thing I'd like to see the Sox do more of is bunting and hit and runs.  they are gonna have to learn how to manufacture runs when needed because come playoff time, if there is one, we are gonna get into those pitching duels.

Agreed. One bit thing I've noticed though is how the Sox are starting to milk pitchers into very high pitch counts early in the games. I think that bodes well during the playoffs as well as down the stretch.

Still, they will have to work and keep working/improving at getting in eveyr and all baserunners :headbang