Sox schedule so much tougher then Twins and KC

KeithFranklin

I hope that the Sox players are being preached this.

Took a look and other then the Sox and and 1 game with Arizona the Royals dont play anyone else with a better then 500 winning percentage.

The Twins only above 500 team they play is the Sox.

The Sox need to beat up on Minnesota and KC when they play them...And they need to play 500 on the road against everyone else the rest of the way.

Took a look and other then the Sox and and 1 game with Arizona the Royals dont play anyone else with a better then 500 winning percentage.

The Sox need to beat up on Minnesota and KC when they play them...And they need to play 500 on the road against everyone else the rest of the way.

KC and MN have already played all of these teams. Their schedule up until now has been way tougher than ours. As a matter of a fact, last time I looked, we had the easiest schedule in all of baseball according to the RPI.

welcome to soxtalk! :cheers :cheers :cheers

One thing to keep in mind, when KC and Minn are playing these non contending teams, the non contenders play loose they have nothing on the line. They would love to be able to say they knocked one of these teams out of playoff contention, while Minn. and KC have the pressure of a must win.It happens every year. I just hope teams don't go with line ups filled with Sept. call ups against them. I'm sure the league office would have something to say about that.

One thing to keep in mind, when KC and Minn are playing these non contending teams, the non contenders play loose they have nothing on the line. They would love to be able to say they knocked one of these teams out of playoff contention, while Minn. and KC have the pressure of a must win.It happens every year. I just hope teams don't go with line ups filled with Sept. call ups against them. I'm sure the league office would have something to say about that.

Aren't they playing the schedule we just played the last two weeks, that we played at .500. We need to beat good teams because we couldn't beat Tampa, Detroit, and Cleveland. Texas and California do have pride and good enough talent that they won't be sheep. Detorit and Cleveland, well their AAA teams have been out there all year. We are in this position becasue of a bad start and then abysmal road trips to Tampa, Det, Clev (3-7,) then to Cal/Tex ( 1-6,) not to mention the May excusrion to Oakland/Seattle (1-5?????) .500 ball then allows us to play at a lower level currently 5-18; turn that into 11-12 and we have a 7 game lead. That isn't even .500. .500 on one of those trips and we have breathing room. One week in a season does not make or break a team but it can sure make things much harder/easier.

I actually like the fact we've got nothing but good teams the rest of the way. In the last 2 months or so we've done well against the good teams. This team seems to have letdowns against the bad teams. We won't have to worry about that the last 5 weeks...

It's true our schedule is way way tougher than Twins and Royals.

That's why we are probably not going to win it.

And if we don't we have ourselves to blame for all those bad losses earlier in the

season.

Hopefully we can somehow eke out the division title despite the tough

schedule, but I don't think it's possible.

The Royals play way too many easy teams.

Hopefully we can pull it off.

HSC's biggest fan:

Great post on this topic.

I stole some of your material. You said it all in looking up how we

put ourselves in this position.

It would be a shame to waste the big year Frank is having and E-Lo

by not making the playoffs.

Yeah, the schedule makers screw us every year! We havents had the 1st game of the year at home in like 10 years! Also, down the stretch, we always have a tough schedule.

They do that on purpose. I for one like the idea of not having to sit outside for 3 hours on April 1st. If we can postpone that for a couple of weeks, odds are the weather will be better.

They do that on purpose.  I for one like the idea of not having to sit outside for 3 hours on April 1st.  If we can postpone that for a couple of weeks, odds are the weather will be better.

This year the home opener was April 4th. I agree, its a blessing to start the season on the road. Everyone at opening day this year will attest to that. I thought the most ridiculous thing about this years schedule was the one home Yankee series the Sox get, a huge draw , is the last home series of the season, and on a weekday so many kids already in school won't be able to attend. Let alone the Yanks possibly resting their stars for the playoffs.

I don't give a s*** how much tougher their schedule is than ours. The best team will win this division; enter the Chicago White Sox. I think we will be the team to come out and dominate these last few games against the Twinks and Royals.

Also, do not underestimate the Indians and the Angels. The Indians have a very tough, very young team. To tell you the truth, they scare the s*** out of me. And the Angels are the defending champions. They are still a pretty good team.

I love our chances.

The SOX need to take it to Detroit like they did to the Yankees...

I will be happy with nothing but a 5 and 1 road trip after these last 2 games.

Cotts tomorrow vs Mussina............L

Buerhle Friday against Detroit........W

Garland Saturday against Detroit....W

Loiza Sunday against Detroit...........W

I would love to see Cotts take down the Yankees, but won't be upset if they Sox don't...As long as they Sweep Detroit.

I would love to see Cotts take down the Yankees, but won't be upset if they Sox don't...As long as they Sweep Detroit.

s*** like this always ends up being the other way around..... if the favorite won every game, why bother playing. They were swept in detriot so I have doubts they sweep the tigers.

MB is starting tomorrow according to the Yankee announcers.

Guest hotsoxchick1

MB is starting tomorrow according to the Yankee announcers.

according to the sox too.......it was announced by hawk eariler in the boradcast..... ;)

according to the sox too.......it was announced by hawk eariler in the boradcast..... ;)

IMO, good move by the Sox. Cotts has a much better chance at success against Detroit than he does in the House that Ruth built. Plus, MB wants the ball tomorrow, so IMO you've got to give it to him.