2014 Cubs Catch-All Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 09:21 AM)
What a bad trade by Baltimore even considering where they are now it was still a really bad trade.

They were going to lose both Arrietta and Strop to DFA/waivers anyways. May as well have gotten something for him instead of outright letting them go.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 11:03 AM)
Cubs leaving Kane County for South Bend.

Wish the Sox had a nearby affiliate, but I know they like having the full season teams near each other.

And more importantly they really do utilize the ability to move players around as needed during the season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
South Side Sox ‏@SouthSideSox 25m

First two seasons: Edwin Jackson w/Cubs: 14-32, 5.47 ERA, 70 ERA+ Jaime Navarro w/Sox: 17-30, 6.05 ERA, 74 ERA+

But his xFIP.........

It has been 5 seasons and 4 teams since Jackson"s actual results have been better than his advanced. Makes me think there is a pattern here.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 10:38 PM)
Baez 0 for 5 with 3 k's and seven lob.

At least soler looks legit...they need for Russell to be too so they can leverage him or Castro for pitching help.

Damn, I didn't realize that in 199 at bats, Baez had only 32 fricking hits. That's .161 with 90 strikeouts and .223 OBP. Nine homers. I don't follow the Cubs so I was wondering how his start is going over in Chicago? Is he still considered an amazing prospect? That's a frightening start to his career. Wow.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 03:19 PM)
Damn, I didn't realize that in 199 at bats, Baez had only 32 fricking hits. That's .161 with 90 strikeouts and .223 OBP. Nine homers. I don't follow the Cubs so I was wondering how his start is going over in Chicago? Is he still considered an amazing prospect? That's a frightening start to his career. Wow.

I wonder if they would trade him for Addison Reed?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 03:19 PM)

He's considered an immensely talented prospect and always has been. The key will be whether or not he can adjust and catch up to the heat or if he's always going to be a .200 hitter (if that). Soler and Bryant are much, much safer bets long term.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 05:43 PM)
He's considered an immensely talented prospect and always has been. The key will be whether or not he can adjust and catch up to the heat or if he's always going to be a .200 hitter (if that). Soler and Bryant are much, much safer bets long term.

I'm surprised that the fastball is such a big issue for him as quick as his bat is.