2014 AL Central catch-all thread

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 04:16 AM)
the lowly Twins took two of three from the Tigers. David Price looked pedestrian.

baseball is a funny game.

All these highly paid players are not worthy. They are all human. The salary scale for these average ballplayers is hilarious. I'd laugh my ass off except the owners have to pass all the costs onto the fans. Sad.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 11:07 PM)
A's blew a lead in the worst way possible.....1-0 going into the 9th, ended up imploding, with six runs surrendered, including 5 by Doolittle

A's and Royals tied, 1/2 game behind Tigers

M's 2 games back of both OAK and KC

battle of survival

Without a doubt the last two weeks of this season will be fun to watch. The NL west is also shaping up to be potentially juicy but the AL has it in spades this year. Personally my hope is that Oakland turns it around somehow and KC buries the Tigers. It would be fantastic if Detriot just plan didn't make the playoffs.

That my friends, is my pipe dream for a lost White Sox season.

Without a doubt the last two weeks of this season will be fun to watch. The NL west is also shaping up to be potentially juicy but the AL has it in spades this year. Personally my hope is that Oakland turns it around somehow and KC buries the Tigers. It would be fantastic if Detriot just plan didn't make the playoffs.

That my friends, is my pipe dream for a lost White Sox season.

I'd like to see an OAK-DET Wild Card game that goes 21 innings and wastes every single pitcher either team has, ending on a Dunn walkoff HR after being 0-0 with 3 BB and 6 K and having pitched a scoreless top of the 21st.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 01:07 AM)
A's blew a lead in the worst way possible.....1-0 going into the 9th, ended up imploding, with six runs surrendered, including 5 by Doolittle

A's and Royals tied, 1/2 game behind Tigers

M's 2 games back of both OAK and KC

battle of survival

Detroit 84-68

Kansas City 83-68

Oakland 83-69

Seattle 82-70

Top 3 teams make the playoffs. Seattle almost blew a golden ticket yesterday. They had Felix on the mound against a hungover AAAA lineup with a AAA pitcher on the mound, yet it was still 0-0 going into the 9th. Lucky for them LoMo saved the day.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 11:18 AM)
I would love for the White Sox to piss all over the Tigers cheerios as they did to the Sox in 04 I think it was when they were the worst team in baseball and won what seemed like half of their games against the Sox.

I honestly want to see the Tigers make the playoffs, and lose in the first round, so that they keep putting off rebuilding, and sign more really bad contracts to screw them over for even longer when their window closes.

I would also love to see the Royals get left out as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 11:20 AM)
I honestly want to see the Tigers make the playoffs, and lose in the first round, so that they keep putting off rebuilding, and sign more really bad contracts to screw them over for even longer when their window closes.

I would also love to see the Royals get left out as well.

I hate the Tigers, but I hate the Royals more. I like this idea. I'll like it even more if we break the hearts of the Royals.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 08:28 PM)
Tigers put up a 10 spot on Vargas, Mariners up 8-2, Oakland spots Lester an early 3 run lead, not looking good for KC today

Kc needs to win the next two since the Indians' loss is almost inevitable with how their offense has been sputtering...the tigers just have the horses to turn it on every year when they really need to get to the post-season...after that, not quite able to get over the top.

Royals fans are already panicking on Twitter that Yost said Shields would start Monday on 3 days rest if there's a tiebreaker game with Detroit.

They're always b****ing about something. That would be one to second guess if it doesn't work out obviously. If KC gets clobbered in Detroit, which it probably would, suddenly there'd be the shock of not having Shields available for the wildcard game.

I think I'd pitch somebody else in Detroit just because it seems silly to panic and pitch Shields on 3 days rest.

Like every move in sports, if it works, Ned's a genius. If it doesn't he's a moron. The fact Ned said he'd do that makes me wonder if managers have all the power. Does anybody know if managers ever consult the GMs before making those type of moves? Not being a smartass; I'm just curious with Ned making an assertion Shields would start Monday.