isiah thomas fired

IndySoxFan

this move has been well around the rounds for weeks up here in Piston terriitory and I am surprised that anyone saw this as "news". It was also in the Trib maybe 2-3 weeks ago that it would happen. Had to happen know because now a lot of assistants and situation and the few remaining vacancies can interview from the reduced pool of talent. One of the Pistons' assistants would go for a head coach spot except to stay with Carlysle for example - none of this is news, really. I don;t even follow the NBA and knew this was coming for weeks.

this move has been well around the rounds for weeks up here in Piston terriitory and I am surprised that anyone saw this as "news".  It was also in the Trib maybe 2-3 weeks ago that it would happen.  Had to happen know because now a lot of assistants and situation and the few remaining vacancies can interview from the reduced pool of talent.  One of the Pistons' assistants would go for a head coach spot except to stay with Carlysle for example - none of this is news, really.  I don;t even follow the NBA and knew this was coming for weeks.

well anytime you got some hot indy gossip let me know.... i dont know of anyone down here who saw this coming.... and people around here kind of follow basketball

When Isiah led his classless "Bad Boys" off the floor as the clock expired when the Bulls swept the Defending Champion Pistons in the '91 Eastern Conference Finals, I lost all respect for him and his teammates that followed him. After a series, there is always some interection between the teams, good luck wishes, etc. But to run off the floor and hide like that was so bush league.

Though, I did enjoy watching that game surrounded by Piston fans! :headbang