Hahn says trade talks have heated up.

dayan024

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 10:46 AM)
Finally, I agree with Phil Rogers.

https://twitter.com/philgrogers/status/408999694371549184

Alexei makes a lot of sense for the Yankees. But watch them get Brandon Phillips.

Not sure what they would give up would be benefirial to the Sox. If it were for Campos, it would be a good move, other than that their prospects are pretty meh.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 10:48 AM)
Ugh, so many bad memories of getting trade raped by Cashman

Good money to get off the books. Maybe take a couple low level prospects and a catcher--I know Romine is a name that has bounced around forever, but who knows.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 10:51 AM)
Good money to get off the books. Maybe take a couple low level prospects and a catcher--I know Romine is a name that has bounced around forever, but who knows.

Hahn was asking for "premium" prospects at the deadline for Ramirez, doubt he just makes him a salary dump now. If anything, the off-season should increase the amount of buyers and drive up the price.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 10:57 AM)
Well Gary Sanchez too, but that's just not happening.

I am not convinced that Sanchez isn't Montero all over again, over hyped because of the organization he is in, but a bat that wont play at any other position and a glove that wont let him stay behind the plate.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 11:01 AM)
I am not convinced that Sanchez isn't Montero all over again, over hyped because of the organization he is in, but a bat that wont play at any other position and a glove that wont let him stay behind the plate.

Gary Sanchez is going to be fine behind the plate.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 11:01 AM)

I've heard he's made some big strides defensively lately. The plate discipline got WAY better in AA last year too. He's a prospect I'd love to have.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 02:06 PM)
I'm using this as a catch all-

Tekotte and McDade have been outrighted to AAA.

40-man at 38, including Belisario.

Room for a Rule 5.

I'm really hoping this is just a precursor to a trade about to go down

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)

If they dumped someone who might be worth holding to otherwise then I might think that, but there will be better talent available in the Rule-5 & as MiLB FA or otherwise via the waiver wire than those guys. Maybe we're looking for our next Quintana, Bobby Jenks, etc. Keep in mind that teams with good farm systems are kind of forced to keep players on the 40-man, and if they want to create space to sign someone then....? We're in great claiming position.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)

Just a precursor to the Rule 5 draft. If anything it shows we are planning on selecting someone, which is kind of exciting

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)

Either a trade or an indication that they are definitely planning on targeting a several guys in Rule 5. Which would be strange because C is really the only position this team needs to fill in a Rule 5 scenario.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 04:03 PM)
Either a trade or an indication that they are definitely planning on targeting a several guys in Rule 5. Which would be strange because C is really the only position this team needs to fill in a Rule 5 scenario.

Still think that they could grab a arm for the bullpen like Colvin or Lewis and try to fix him. The team needs talent and rolling the dice on guys like that has little risk and the rewards, especially in Colvins case, could be huge.

edit: Marco Hernandez is another guy that could make the team in a similar role to what people expect from Garcia.

Edited by IowaSoxFan

Rule-5 gets more attention but when is the last time we got a good player that way? Can't remember. We picked up Jenks and DeAza with waiver claims. Seattle's roster is at 39 & will be 40 after Cano with them still out there trying to give their money to everyone. They have some bust types, maybe a few players that aren't good enough for their roster but good enough for ours. Maybe they cut someone loose. Any team for that matter that is close to or has a full 40 may need to make some decisions on players, especially contenders with strong farm systems who can't afford to lose any space.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)
Rule-5 gets more attention but when is the last time we got a good player that way? Can't remember. We picked up Jenks and DeAza with waiver claims. Seattle's roster is at 39 & will be 40 after Cano with them still out there trying to give their money to everyone. They have some bust types, maybe a few players that aren't good enough for their roster but good enough for ours. Maybe they cut someone loose. Any team for that matter that is close to or has a full 40 may need to make some decisions on players, especially contenders with strong farm systems who can't afford to lose any space.

We hardly ever make a pick, so the last time we got a quality player is pretty irrelevant. There are not a ton of really good guys in the draft, which is why they are exposed. But it is a chance to get a reclamation project (Colvin) or an international player that has taken longer to develop (Hernandez, Perez) and see if you can catch lightning in a bottle.

Is Perez really better off against major league pitching than Phegley? I 2nd taking a pitcher and sticking them in the bullpen.

Brody Colvin was a stud who has ran into a ton of mechanical problems and lost any progress to his career. Could be a classic Coop can fix 'em case.

Burawa, Nelo, and Nesbitt all have power arms that could make sense in the bullpen.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 06:16 PM)
Is Perez really better off against major league pitching than Phegley? I 2nd taking a pitcher and sticking them in the bullpen.

Brody Colvin was a stud who has ran into a ton of mechanical problems and lost any progress to his career. Could be a classic Coop can fix 'em case.

Burawa, Nelo, and Nesbitt all have power arms that could make sense in the bullpen.

I don't think it makes sense for the Sox to take any righty with their bullpen as it is. Reed, Jones, Lindstrom, and Belisario give 4 of those already. It'd be nice to have at least 1 slot for Petricka or Webb, whoever earns it, and there's a solid chance one of those guys will rapidly out-pitch any Rule 5 pick you slot in there in the spring and the pick would have been a waste.

A lefty? Bring it on.