Hahn says trade talks have heated up.

dayan024

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 11:08 AM)
Tommy John still has the "record" for most wins post-surgery.

OK, I don't understand the point of this. Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? If you disagreeing, using the number of games he won is pretty terrible considering he probably holds the record for most losses too. He threw in 405 games and starter 382 after the surgery. He pitched a lot, which goes to show how effective it is as a surgery.

QUOTE (daggins @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)
Santiago for Brown almost makes too much sense. Both players are young with upside, both have significant warts, and both are controllable thru 2017. The Phils need pitching and we need lefty bats. He's a lousy defender but so is our current option.

I'd rather have Santiago

Keep in mind with Dom Brown: this dude is literally a worse defensive LF than Dayan Viciedo. Just think about that.

I'm not saying you definitely don't get him, but you're looking at a team with a bunch of corner OF.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 02:16 PM)
Keep in mind with Dom Brown: this dude is literally a worse defensive LF than Dayan Viciedo. Just think about that.

I'm not saying you definitely don't get him, but you're looking at a team with a bunch of corner OF.

His inability to hit lefties and take a walk concerns me as well. What his ceiling actually is needs to be discussed before trading a guy like Q for him.

I would do my best to see if Amaro is dumb enough to trade Brown for something like Santiago, Jones, and De Aza. Unlikely, but that would be best case scenario for us.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 05:34 PM)
I know it would take a lot for Brown and I know the type of player he is so I don't want anything to do with trading for him.

25 year old lefty with 30 HR power for our #3 starter, a replaceable bull pen arm, and a CF who can't play CF that we all are trying to replace anyway is too much though? Are you just against trading a pitcher in general? If not what are you really expecting back in return for a guy like Santiago?

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 04:39 PM)
25 year old lefty with 30 HR power for our #3 starter, a replaceable bull pen arm, and a CF who can't play CF that we all are trying to replace anyway is too much though? Are you just against trading a pitcher in general? If not what are you really expecting back in return for a guy like Santiago?

I think Brown's incredibly overrated. He's good against righties, but much of that power came from one hot stretch. Outside of May, he hit 15 homers. That's also a very talented #3 starter with a lot of service time remaining, a good bullpen arm with a lot of service time remaining, and a CF who can, in fact, play CF but not particularly well for a left handed bat who can't play in the field and can't hit lefties. I can spin too.

I'd start out by offering merely Santiago for Brown, straight up. I'd have a bit of wiggle room, but I would not give up 3 players for him.

QUOTE (dayan024 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 04:46 PM)
Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 58m

White Sox were close to trading one of their pitchers but the other team chose to acquire a position player instead.

Mere speculation, but I'm thinking this is the A's and Michael Choice

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 05:47 PM)
I think Brown's incredibly overrated. He's good against righties, but much of that power came from one hot stretch. Outside of May, he hit 15 homers. That's also a very talented #3 starter with a lot of service time remaining, a good bullpen arm with a lot of service time remaining, and a CF who can, in fact, play CF but not particularly well for a left handed bat who can't play in the field and can't hit lefties. I can spin too.

I'd start out by offering merely Santiago for Brown, straight up. I'd have a bit of wiggle room, but I would not give up 3 players for him.

I gave up 3 because I didn't care about the 2 of them and they kinda make sense for the Phillies. You'd seriously balk at a Brown trade because of De Aza?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 9, 2013 -> 05:59 PM)
No because of Santiago and Jones

So I suppose young hitters are just going to fall into our laps? Gotta give up something to get something. Jones is replaceable anyway, you're really worried about him? Webb and Petricka could easily replace him next year.

Just judging by the text from Our Chuck and reading the latest on MLBtR I think we are waiting on AZ. They are trying to sign Choo and trade for a SP or apparently trading for Trumbo (Skaggs being a piece) and signing a FA SP. I think we are working with AZ with one of our SP. just my opinion. Here's the posts:

6:52pm: The Diamondbacks are in the hunt for Choo, according to Rosenthal (Twitter link). As we heard earlier, Arizona is also very much in the mix for Mark Trumbo, so as Rosenthal notes, it appears the club has several options, including trying to sign Choo and trade for a pitcher, or acquiring Trumbo and signing a free agent pitcher.

Rosenthal adds in a second tweet that Texas and Arizona aren't necessarily the only two teams in on Choo. Other clubs are likely involved as well.

7:28pm: In their talks with the D-Backs, the Angels are primarily focused on Skaggs and Trevor Cahill, says Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports (Twitter link).