Frank Thomas: "I could have won 4 more MVP's"

Jose Abreu

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/frank-...-four-more-mvps

I think maybe two more. One for sure in 2000. Not so sure about four, though. Which years do you think he's referring to?

His stats and MVP results (in right column): www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/thomafr04.shtml

Edited by ChiSoxFan05

He also said, "I have confidence in Rick Hahn," Thomas said. "He's a good guy. But maybe he's lacking the heartbeat of the locker room. I always thought baseball guys should be assistant GMs. But he's not the only one. There are lots of guys out there who study all the statistics."

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 02:36 PM)
Frank is on CSN at 5:30.

Kinda wish he would let his numbers do the talking over the next couple months before the vote.

All things being equal maybe he would, but he is a proud guy. Proud of what he accomplished and proud he didn't take roids. Baseball was so rampart with roids that I think he does need to constantly remind people of all the guys who set records and won MVPs juiced. Take steroids out of the game and maybe you get the power numbers getting produce today in which case Frank's numbers look even more monstrous. The guy was robbed of MVP's ,All star appearances maybe even a championship when you look at roiders team success also.

Letting his numbers do the talking would look so much better if everyone else didn't cheat.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 05:46 PM)
All things being equal maybe he would, but he is a proud guy. Proud of what he accomplished and proud he didn't take roids. Baseball was so rampart with roids that I think he does need to constantly remind people of all the guys who set records and won MVPs juiced. Take steroids out of the game and maybe you get the power numbers getting produce today in which case Frank's numbers look even more monstrous. The guy was robbed of MVP's ,All star appearances maybe even a championship when you look at roiders team success also.

Letting his numbers do the talking would look so much better if everyone else didn't cheat.

Frank doesn't need to campaign like Ron Santo.

He also sounded more than a little jealous of the treatment the team is giving Paulie. Says he doesn't get what the organization is doing.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)
What does Santo have to do with anything, he played in an era when the playing field was equal .

He campaigned for the HOF.

Frank will get in. The only question will be if he is first ballot. Some will hold the DH against him, lthough it has now been a position for 40 years. Campaigning can also make some voters make him wait.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 05:47 PM)
Frank doesn't need to campaign like Ron Santo.

He also sounded more than a little jealous of the treatment the team is giving Paulie. Says he doesn't get what the organization is doing.

Well I can't say I disagree with him

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)

I realise that but you can't compare Santo's campaigning with Frank campaigning when Santo played in an era where the playing field was level and Frank played in an era where the cheaters got all the glory.

Santo's numbers were fringe HOF worthy while Frank's numbers could look so much better had others not done steroids. Frank can only rely on his hitting stats since he wasn't a good fielder and played DH a lot. Santo made 9 All-Star teams on a level playing field . Thomas only had 5 competing against roiders. Giambi 5 All Star games from 2000-2004 . Mark McGwire 5 AS games for the AL from 1991-1997. Rafael Palmeiro 3 AS games between 1991-1999.

Frank campaigns because he never got the credit he deserved because he played honest and others didn't . Guys like Bonds and Sosa and McGwire all were greatly admired during the HR Derby's that was baseball when Frank played. If you are meek in today's day and age your accomplihments get ignored. All Frank is doing is putting his numbers in the proper context.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 06:47 PM)
I realise that but you can't compare Santo's campaigning with Frank campaigning when Santo played in an era where the playing field was level and Frank played in an era where the cheaters got all the glory.

Santo's numbers were fringe HOF worthy while Frank's numbers could look so much better had others not done steroids. Frank can only rely on his hitting stats since he wasn't a good fielder and played DH a lot. Santo made 9 All-Star teams on a level playing field . Thomas only had 5 competing against roiders. Giambi 5 All Star games from 2000-2004 . Mark McGwire 5 AS games for the AL from 1991-1997. Rafael Palmeiro 3 AS games between 1991-1999.

Frank campaigns because he never got the credit he deserved because he played honest and others didn't . Guys like Bonds and Sosa and McGwire all were greatly admired during the HR Derby's that was baseball when Frank played. If you are meek in today's day and age your accomplihments get ignored. All Frank is doing is putting his numbers in the proper context.

Campaigning turns off voters. Everyone is fully aware of the Frank Thomas story.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 04:49 PM)
Campaigning turns off voters. Everyone is fully aware of the Frank Thomas story.

D0 you have anything but your opinion where someone would've voted for Santo had he not campaigned ? Maybe campaigning made other voters look harder at his production and got him votes too. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and as time goes byI don't think it hurts Frank at all to remind those voting that the game was a cesspool of cheating and hurt those not cheating tremendously.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 07:02 PM)
D0 you have anything but your opinion where someone would've voted for Santo had he not campaigned ? Maybe campaigning made other voters look harder at his production and got him votes too. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and as time goes byI don't think it hurts Frank at all to remind those voting that the game was a cesspool of cheating and hurt those not cheating tremendously.

I definitely remember hearing some voters complain about Santo and his begging.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 07:02 PM)

There were many reports of voters turned off about it. Frank's biggest obstacle is not his numbers vs. PED guys, he is seen as clean. His biggest problem in whether or not he will be a first ballot guy is how much he DH'd. He doesn't have to campaign to get in. It will happen really soon.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 06:13 PM)

Frank will get in. The only question will be if he is first ballot. Some will hold the DH against him, lthough it has now been a position for 40 years. Campaigning can also make some voters make him wait.

Some voters also won't vote him on the first ballot because they're just stubborn about voting some people on the first ballot. He certainly belongs in and should be there on the first ballot but it wouldn't shock me if he gets snubbed the first time.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 08:18 PM)
Some voters also won't vote him on the first ballot because they're just stubborn about voting some people on the first ballot. He certainly belongs in and should be there on the first ballot but it wouldn't shock me if he gets snubbed the first time.

That's the biggest reason why the baseball Hall of Fame sucks and many of the old writers should be put out to pasture.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 05:51 PM)
There were many reports of voters turned off about it. Frank's biggest obstacle is not his numbers vs. PED guys, he is seen as clean. His biggest problem in whether or not he will be a first ballot guy is how much he DH'd. He doesn't have to campaign to get in. It will happen really soon.

It's the internet with many search engines. If there are so many ,surely would be easy to find one.