1. 1. Who killed Kennedy?

• Lee Harvey Oswald alone
    • Lee Harvey Oswald with 2nd shooter on Grassy Knoll
    • CIA
    • Mob
    • Teamsters
    • Conspiracy that LBJ knew about
    • Kennedy Curse

I find it interesting that Microsoft Word, and a couple other spell check programs, wants to change Dealey Plaza to Daley Plaza. I guess the former Chicago mayor Richard Daley is better known than the site of a presidential assassination.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 09:37 AM)
I agree, but notice how the conspiracy people use a simple fact and bend it to their needs:

That's part of the conspiracy, the government hid or killed witnesses who disagreed.

Also garbage

One of the most durable myths surrounding the JFK assassination concerns the “mysterious deaths” of assassination witnesses, a story publicized nationally in 1967 by Ramparts magazine. The idea had originated with Penn Jones, the cantankerous writer/editor/ publisher of a six-page, weekly newspaper in rural Midlothian, Texas, who was compiling a list of witnesses who had passed away under allegedly suspicious circumstances. The story appealed to Ramparts editor Warren Hinckle, who had been put off by what he perceived as the overly academic style of the material the Warren Commission’s critics were submitting to him. “I wanted something that would get people talking about the Warren Report with the cynicism they did about the weather report,” Hinckle later recalled. “In my book, the only reliable indicator of what is weighing on the national consciousness is what people are talking about in neighborhood bars. The books that had come out criticizing the Warren Report had stirred the nation’s intellectuals but left the masses becalmed. I wanted to churn the bars.”37

Neither Jones nor Hinckle saw a problem in the fact that of the dozen-plus witnesses on the “mysterious deaths” list, only one of them could, in fact, be considered a witness to the assassination. Others included Oswald’s landlady, two newsmen who wrote about the case, one of Jack Ruby’s lawyers, the cab driver who gave Oswald a ride following the assassination, one of Jack Ruby’s strippers, the husband of another stripper, the brother of an eyewitness to Oswald’s slaying of Dallas police officer J. D. Tippit approximately 45 minutes after the assassination, and TV game show fixture Dorothy Kilgallen. Even the Ramparts staff felt the need to qualify their inclusion of Kilgallen’s name on the list, stating, “We know of no serious person who really believes that the death of Dorothy Kilgallen, the gossip columnist, was related to the Kennedy assassination. Still, she was passionately interested in the case, told friends she firmly believed there was a conspiracy and that she would find out the truth if it took her all her life.”38

Few of these deaths were even all that mysterious, contrary to the way they are presented in the Ramparts article.39 But factual accuracy was never really the point. Sitting in a Brooklyn bar one day, Hinckle was gratified to hear “a toothless old lady tell the fellow next to her about ‘all these people who got murdered down in Texas because they knew who killed Kennedy’—I knew then that the national consciousness barrier had been cracked.”40

Oswald's post shooting behavior is indictment enough.

Dumb question, finger prints on the rifle or was this before that technology?

Not sure about the fingerprints, but that doesn't really matter. Conspiracy theories don't claim that LHO didn't shoot. They either claim there were multiple shooters and/or LHO was working for the CIA/Mob/Etc.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 27, 2013 -> 12:27 PM)
Oswald's post shooting behavior is indictment enough.

Dumb question, finger prints on the rifle or was this before that technology?

Yes fingerprints and a palm print. They also IDd his handwriting on the purchase of the rifle, delivery of the rifle etc.