Dan Hudson Non tendered

dayan024

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 01:16 PM)
It doesn't matter that he is a Boras guy. This isn't a Kenny Williams ran team. Hahn will deal with Boras.

The biggest problem is that he had a bad injury and switched up his mechanics and lost velocity. I have soured on Hanson. I want to bring in a RH starter on the low but I don't know if it's either of these guys.

I always thought the Boras thing was more of a JR issue than a KW issue. I will believe that we will deal with Boras when I see it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 05:09 PM)
Bring the one that got away BACK!

This is the reason he got away. The Sox didn't like his motion and moved him, even though he had put up really good numbers. He made it a while before his bad mechanics caught up with him, but now he is broken down and a year away from signing with anyone.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 01:11 AM)
He is going to miss 15-16 months, while Floyd is only missing 9? Maybe a second TJS is a longer recovery, I have no idea, but he is throwing a baseball right now.

I believe a 2nd TJS is definitely a longer recovery...however, I'm still iffy on whether Floyd will make that 9 month schedule before being game-ready.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 10:11 PM)
He is going to miss 15-16 months, while Floyd is only missing 9? Maybe a second TJS is a longer recovery, I have no idea, but he is throwing a baseball right now.

I was just quoting the AZ Republic. Maybe there's a different story, but...

Hudson’s situation was a tricky one. After undergoing his second elbow surgery in as many years in June, he is expected to miss all of the 2014 season. He’s also expected to return to the big leagues as a reliever. Had the club gone to arbitration with him, he was projected by mlbtraderumors.com to earn $1.1 million.