Dan Hudson Non tendered

dayan024

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 06:49 AM)
Hudson isn't going to get just a million dollars on the open market. If Kazmir got $22 million for 2 years with his injury history, Hudson will see more, and it won't be from us.

I hope you aren't talking about this year in free agency. He isn't even likely to pitch for most of 2014. No one is going to give him near Kazmir money.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 07:56 AM)
Cooper already decided he didn't like the guy once.

His arm motion is both his success and his downfall. Cooper called that out right away. Hudson is a good pitcher when healthy though

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 09:33 AM)
Tommy Hanson is genuinely intriguing.

When Tommy Hanson came up, he averaged 92.3 MPH on his fastball and it had some serious get up. It didn't average 90 this year (almost down to Dylan Axelrod range), his K/9 fell below 7, his line drive and flyball rates increased, and his control remained mediocre.

I think he's hurt and I don't think he's even worth a flyer.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 09:33 AM)
Tommy Hanson is genuinely intriguing.

Yes the biggest obstacle is that he is a Boras guy so that probably takes us out of the running. But - Coop'll fix him. Definitely worth a flyer to a re-building team like the Sox, but I am sure that Boras will steer him to a more pitcher friendly stadium.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 09:38 AM)
When Tommy Hanson came up, he averaged 92.3 MPH on his fastball and it had some serious get up. It didn't average 90 this year (almost down to Dylan Axelrod range), his K/9 fell below 7, his line drive and flyball rates increased, and his control remained mediocre.

I think he's hurt and I don't think he's even worth a flyer.

He is hurt and that messed up his mechanics.

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/201...viewed-as-gold/

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 09:50 AM)
If his problem is mechanical, I know a guy...

He altered his mechanics to compensate for the injuries. From the sounds of it, if he reverts to his previous mechanics, he will end up hurting his back and shoulder.

I just don't think it's worth the headache.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
He altered his mechanics to compensate for the injuries. From the sounds of it, if he reverts to his previous mechanics, he will end up hurting his back and shoulder.

I just don't think it's worth the headache.

It could also be possible to put him into a mechanical slot that doesn't shred his back and shoulder.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Dec 3, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
Hudson is toast and I don't think the organization (Cooper) liked him.

I heard the org did not like Hudson tons. Of course in a buy low/no-risk situation anyone is fine. But that said, maybe we're drawn to someone else's reclamation project rather than the one we've already had up close

Edited by Jose Paniagua