seattle

mataipaepae

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 12:25 PM)
It also provides significant surplus value to the White Sox.

Trade others to supplement the team. There's no need to trade the best pitcher the Sox have had in years and years and years.

Not advocating trading Sale, I agree with everything you said. But his value is at an all time high and we have one of the weakest pools of young talent in the league. It would be silly to refuse to entertain offers. If Seattle offered a blockbuster package around Walker, or Arizona around Bradley, I think it's Hahn responsibility to weigh the value.

The price for Sale should be ridiculous. If someone is willing to meet that ridiculous price, Sale should be traded. He's great, but he's not Michael Jordan.

There is no point making anyone on the White Sox untouchable. Maybe in reality they would be considered untouchable, but Chris Sale should have a price in which he can be had.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 12:44 PM)
The price for Sale should be ridiculous. If someone is willing to meet that ridiculous price, Sale should be traded. He's great, but he's not Michael Jordan.

There is no point making anyone on the White Sox untouchable. Maybe in reality they would be considered untouchable, but Chris Sale should have a price in which he can be had.

Exactly my point. It is Hahn's job to determine at what value could Sale be attainable. I am sure the cost is extremely prohibitive to potential buyers.

Also, I like how a question about acquiring some of Seattle's excess infield depth has been detoured into Sale's potential value/availability.