Domenic Brown

GGajewski18

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 01:17 PM)
What are your guys thoughts on trying to acquire this guy? A young cost controlled left handed power hitting outfielder. I believe he would be a great addition. I can see a deal revolving around Santiago and De Aza for Brown and 1 or 2 low level players.

Thoughts?

Why would Philadelphia trade Dominic Brown?

QUOTE (midway @ Dec 6, 2013 -> 02:05 PM)
I think Brown would be a nice addition, but at what cost? I also see that the Marlins are willing to part with LoMo....hmm.

Morrison is a 1B. He has played the outfield in the past, but he is not very good and I believe has said in the past that he does not like playing in the outfield.

I live in NJ about 30 mins away from the Phillies stadium so I see a lot of Brown and I'm not crazy about him. We could definitely use him, don't get me wrong, but it would cost more to get him than DeAza and Santiago and I'm not sure I'd be willing to do that. He's going to hit a bunch of homeruns but unless he learns to hit lefties a little better and learns to walk more he's going to struggle to hit much above .270/.330. He's also pretty horrific in the field.

So if the Phillies were somehow dumb enough to do a trade with Santiago as the best piece then yeah I'd be all over it, but that's not going to happen.

Edited by TheFutureIsNear

Yeah, somehow I don't see the Phillies giving us Dom Brown and 1 or 2 other prospects for a package around De Aza and Santiago. That package isn't going to make anyone want to give up a 26-year-old lefty power hitter who slugged 27 HR last season in his true rookie year. His defense is amazingly bad, but last year was his first full season in the bigs. He had room to improve in places.

Edited by Chilihead90