Sox acquire Adam Eaton from ARZ, deal Santiago, Jacobs

Baron

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:24 PM)
hector santiago ‏@HecSantiago53 2m

White sox fans are great fans and friends !! I going to SOCAL NOW BUT. I will remember what sox and sox fans were to my career

I just wanna thank @whitesox for my big break to start my baseball and big league career! The city of Chicago and it's fans were amazing !!

I usually unfollow players once they move to different teams, but Santiago is going to be an exception. A really great guy and someone that more players should try to emulate.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:24 PM)
hector santiago ‏@HecSantiago53 2m

White sox fans are great fans and friends !! I going to SOCAL NOW BUT. I will remember what sox and sox fans were to my career

I just wanna thank @whitesox for my big break to start my baseball and big league career! The city of Chicago and it's fans were amazing !!

I did like Hector. Hope he has fun in LA.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:24 PM)
My point was that if it had been Sale, it would have been a whole lot more than Eaton. So much that the Dbacks wouldn't be able to pay for anything else like Trumbo.

Hahn probably had to mute the phone to laugh when they asked for Sale.

I love the picture from the hotel room. I'm imagining them getting s***faced at night and making off the wall trade proposals, GMs running from room to room with drinks in hand and scantily clad women.

1504004_10152505778938298_1222488067_n.j

"You take that shot of Fireball over there and I'll think about dealing Reed."

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:37 PM)
I love the picture from the hotel room. I'm imagining them getting s***faced at night and making off the wall trade proposals, GMs running from room to room with drinks in hand and scantily clad women.

Hahn is holding his butt after having to give up a PTNBL.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:37 PM)

"You take that shot of Fireball over there and I'll think about dealing Reed."

"WHY DON'T WE DO THIS MORE OFTEN BOYS???"

I bet they wish they could have the GM Meetings 5 times a year

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:45 PM)
Word in Arizona is that the PTBNL is Brandon Jacobs our prospect OF and that Eaton was a me type selfish player who was not liked in the clubhouse or by management. I liken him to an young Darin Erstad, but with a little more pop. Not sure how I feel about this one, but we got a young hitter for a young pitcher.

Jacobs is a flawed prospect but I guess I can deal with it. Wouldn't have believed we needed to part with him to get it done

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 11:45 PM)
Word in Arizona is that the PTBNL is Brandon Jacobs our prospect OFslightlyhat Eaton was a me type selfish player who was not liked in the clubhouse or by management. I liken him to an young Darin Erstad, but with a little more pop. Not sure how I feel about this one, but we got a young hitter for a young pitcher.

Man that's pretty bad. Jacobs isn't the greatest but still a meaningful prospect. I assumed it was an A ball pile of crap. A bad deal even worse, slightly.