Sox acquire Adam Eaton from ARZ, deal Santiago, Jacobs

Baron

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)
He just learned additional players may or may not be exchanged? What a scoop. You really have to be an insider to come up with that.

It's a joke, they have an MLBTR Originals post they make all the time which is loaded with non-scoops like agent changes and close UT player signings and so forth. They're fed nothing. Their last big scoop was something ambiguous like "Tim Dierkes has learned at X team is going to make a trade" or something like that. All the other writers got the info, yet MLBTR credited themselves as providing exclusive info.

I read that all the time too but just because they compile all the important stuff. They've been trying to up their game but so far the results have been pretty sad. The info in this thread from posters here is far superior with regard to anything Sox.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
@nickpiecoro

Source says the three-team deal is done.

Dbacks will be getting Trumbo and two players to be named later, Eaton to White Sox, Skaggs and Santiago to Angels.

Well not as exciting as a Eaton/Kendrick trade. But I'm happy all the same, thing we got a perfect piece for this team. Him for Sanitago I'm okay with. I'm excited about Eatons potential and look forward to his grindy-ness

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 03:09 PM)
I like Eaton for Santiago straight up.

What is Arizona thinking? Trumbo is Adam Dunn. They could have gotten him from us for a lot less.

They already had Adam Dunn in 2008 for about 3 weeks after the non-waiver deadline passed, meaning he cleared waivers. I doubt they wanted him back.

I dont get this deal at all for AZ. That's a lot to give up for a one-dimmensional player.