Taxes

KipWellsFan

I've heard lots about the Bush administration and their new tax cuts or whatever completely favoring the rich. I also heard a quote from a nobel prize winner in economics saying this was the worst economic plan he had ever seen (something like that). Is it really as bad as I've heard?

I've heard lots about the Bush administration and their new tax cuts or whatever completely favoring the rich.  I also heard a quote from a nobel prize winner in economics saying this was the worst economic plan he had ever seen (something like that).  Is it really as bad as I've heard?

yes.

news today: budget deficit nears $500 billion and that leaves a lot of stuff off budget where money will; be spent. Years 2-4 of the bush mal-administration are looking for a total deficit of 1.2 trillion. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Goodbye American economy.

not so much my problem - it is the teens and the 20s and 30 year olds who will have to pay that s*** off.

Meanwhile, the administration announced amjor relaxing of pollutuon controls in generating plants which represent a multi billion windfall to the industry and means we will be breathing a whole of unclean air - since the clean air act came in with Nixon, this was not some wild policy reversed - just a simple health issue over corporate profits, but we know who wins in DC now.

Let me put this into householders terms. What Bush did is like getting laid off from your old job, taking a new job which pays a lot less, and then going out and getting 3 platinium cards and charging them all up to live a lifestyle that is more expensive than your original one!

ON a side note this is the 1st yr I have to do taxes

This was the first year I actuall had to pay taxes(I got all my money back in past years), it wasn't as bad as I figured. Our provincial govt f***ed us worse then the Feds. But to the right wing's cretid I have also met with and worked with a few right wingers with a heart here. and trhat's great.

This was the first year I actuall had to pay taxes(I got all my money back in past years), it wasn't as bad as I figured.  Our provincial govt f***ed us worse then the Feds.  But to the right wing's cretid I have also met with and worked with a few right wingers with a heart here. and trhat's great.

LOL youre typing isnt TOO bad for being smashed..........dont worry, you can probably get me back tomorrow night. :lol:

What was that whole tax refund thing?  Didn't seem like it was the best time to be giving away money.

At least as far as the child tax credit goes, it wasn't so much a refund as it was "front money" against next year's returns.

Tax credit was increased from $600 per child to $1000 for next year's returns, but since they sent out $400 checks per child, you can still only deduct 600 bucks next year per child.

Just a matter of "when do you want it", I guess...

Let me put this into householders terms.  What Bush did is like getting laid off from your old job, taking a new job which pays a lot less, and then going out and getting 3 platinium cards and charging them all up to live a lifestyle that is more expensive than your original one!

That is a VERY accurate description of the Bushie economic plan.

Not to mention George Akerlof, a Nobel laureate in economics saying that this plan is the worst in 200 years.