Sox trade Addison Reed to Diamondbacks for 3b Matt Davidson

dayan024

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had an off-convo with John Manuel from BA. Pretty sure Hawkins is not in the Top 3. Abreu, Johnson, and likely Anderson are your BA Top 3 (based on his hints about infielders). Davidson 4. Semien is likely in the 6-10 range, my guess. He wouldn't give straight answers, but that is the picture I got.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 03:49 PM)
Had an off-convo with John Manuel from BA. Pretty sure Hawkins is not in the Top 3. Abreu, Johnson, and likely Anderson are your BA Top 3 (based on his hints about infielders). Davidson 4. Semien is likely in the 6-10 range, my guess. He wouldn't give straight answers, but that is the picture I got.

BP top 3 is Johnson, Anderson , Hawkins. I guess they didn't consider Abreu a prospect, but he certainly would have to be considered #1 if he is.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 06:00 PM)
David Cameron @DCameronFG

Rick Hahn should just keep trading with Kevin Towers. Turned meh starter and meh closer into two interesting young players.

Seems kinda unfair. I don't know that I would consider either Reed or Santiago "meh" considering their ages or ceilings.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
That thought crossed my mind the last couple hours. This is Hahn's team.

Kenny presided over the best farm system in baseball before he became a GM. Kenny has been scouting these guys, and that's probably not a bad thing.

Also, when the Sox get good again, Hahn will trade prospects for proven vets to win, just like Kenny.

This is Jerry Reinsdorf's team.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)
I do know Phil Rogers has had a lot of input with BA on White Sox lists in the past. It was all part of Wilder's scheme. He would talk the frauds up with Phil to kind of hide his crime.

I got the impression this was more BA guys doing the list this time. But maybe Rogers is still involved, I don't know. I hope not.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 04:14 PM)
Diamondbacks blew 29 saves last year. Tied Houston for last. Getting Trumbo means Prado moves to 3rd and he's under control for 3 years. Davidson was expendable for a ML closer.

It's not that he wanted a closer, it's that he constantly overpays. He treats his players like no one wants them.

so happy to know that Hahn and The Chairman were as discouraged by last season as the fan base.

Hahn definitely is executing a plan. He knows what he wants -- and what he doesn't want.

I always thought Williams was too impulsive with his deals and frequently gave up too much.

Don't have the same feeling with Hahn.

Better times ahead.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 04:30 PM)
so happy to know that Hahn and The Chairman were as discouraged by last season as the fan base.

Hahn definitely is executing a plan. He knows what he wants -- and what he doesn't want.

I always thought Williams was too impulsive with his deals and frequently gave up too much.

Don't have the same feeling with Hahn.

Better times ahead.

I think Kenny definitely knew what he wanted. The difference, I think, is that Hahn looks like he's willing to walk away from a deal if he doesn't like how it's shaking out. KW always got his man, no matter what it cost.