Your Catcher

rowand's rowdies

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 07:52 PM)
It's an interesting idea, although I don't think they'd want all that junk.

Perhaps we could bring a third team in - one that needs De Aza - and throw a legit prospect the Brewers way for him. De Aza is the only tradeable vet we have with any value.

Still, I'd rather us still stockpile young players.

And Alexei.

QUOTE (bear_brian @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 09:16 PM)
Lucroy, Castro, Grandal - we do not have the pieces to put a deal together for any of those catchers, and it is very hard to believe that those teams would be interested in trading that type of valuable player.

Realistically we are going to have to settle for a backup - preferably LH or switch - who has good defensive skills and can put the bat on the ball. I think someone like Hector Sanchez (blocked forever by Posey) fits that profile, though I am not sure what we have that would interest the Giants (Keppinger?). Am not fluent enough with other backups, but have to believe that is where Hahn is focused.

The Padres top prospect is a catcher, which might make them more willing to trade Grandal after he comes off an injury shortened season.

A package of Sanchez, Beck, Flowers/Phegley (to act as a stop gap to Hedges, both would have legit power even in Petco) and maybe Thompson or Mitchell might entice them.