Hahn's next move?

The Ultimate Champion

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jan 17, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)
What younger player? Assuming Tank becomes the next DH which is very possible who takes over LF? ADA and Danks are not the answer and the Sox don't have anyone ready in the minors to take LF so Ethier wouldn't take at bats away from anyone really. Ethier would give the Sox a a lefty bat that can actually hit above his weight while drawing walks. Like I said earlier, I admit Ethier is not ideal and there are other players I would rather have but I wouldn't bed against Ethier under the right circumstances.

Any younger player that's not 32 and costing money for 4 years?

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, we have too many OF right now. Ethier was in the realm of possibilities before the Eaton deal, but it would be insane right now. We are currently experiencing a roster crunch. He's a platoon OF who would be a DH in our current situation. We have two DHs already, and a third (Viciedo) that may be on the way. All of this is not to mention the money and the completely divergent philosophical direction Hahn would have to take to consider Ethier. At this point, Ethier may be literally one of the worst possible acquisitions the WS could make.

Now for a next move, they can probably announce non-roster invitees soon. If they don't announce them by next week, it would probably indicate they're trying to make some major league roster moves (like moving De Aza/Keppinger/Gillaspie-one or two of them), before setting the spring training roster.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 03:29 PM)
Okay, this is weird and probably means nothing, but my email in-box this morning from White Sox.com had a bunch of new items to buy. The usual stuff, coats, a Luis Aparicio collage, a Jason Castro collage - A JASON CASTRO collage? How weird is that?

Awesome ive been waiting for my jason Castro collage.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 08:29 AM)
Okay, this is weird and probably means nothing, but my email in-box this morning from White Sox.com had a bunch of new items to buy. The usual stuff, coats, a Luis Aparicio collage, a Jason Castro collage - A JASON CASTRO collage? How weird is that?

Interesting...

I know it's premature, but I don't really care for acquiring Castro much, especially if it's for Quintana. Heck, I'd have a hard time giving away Johnson cuz he seems poised to be a good #3.

Screencap?

Got the screen shot on my iPad but can't get it to upload here. This is the best copy I could make from the email. The email had pictures but they don't show up here. Halfway down you'll see the Jason Castro collage mentioned.

whitesox.com Shop whitesox.com Shop Product Update

MLB Departments

Recommendations for you

sale

Chicago White Sox Big&Tall Cooperstown Field Track Jacket by Majestic Big&Tall

Chicago White Sox Big&Tall Cooperstown Field Track Jacket by Majestic Big&Tall

sale

Chicago White Sox Dri-FIT Staff Ace Windshirt by Nike

Chicago White Sox Dri-FIT Staff Ace Windshirt by Nike

new

Chicago White Sox Urban Basket

Chicago White Sox Urban Basket

new

Chicago White Sox Luis Aparicio Hall of Fame 11x14 Collage by Mounted Memories

Chicago White Sox Luis Aparicio Hall of Fame 11x14 Collage by Mounted Memories

new

Mounted Memories Jason Castro Houston Astros Framed 15'' x 17'' Collage with Game-Used Baseball Swatch (#'d to 99)

Mounted Memories Jason Castro Houston Astros Framed 15'' x 17'' Collage with Game-Used Baseball Swatch (#'d to 99)

new

Chicago White Sox Toddler Alternate Home Replica Jersey

Chicago White Sox Toddler Alternate Home Replica Jersey

new

Chicago White Sox Infant Bases Loaded 3 Piece Set

Chicago White Sox Infant Bases Loaded 3 Piece Set

top seller

Chicago White Sox Authentic Clubhouse Fleece by Majestic Athletic

Chicago White Sox Authentic Clubhouse Fleece by Majestic Athletic

Shipping Options and Money Back Guarantee

© 2013 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All Major League Baseball trademarks, service marks and copyrights used herein

are the property of the applicable MLB entity. All rights reserved. Any other marks used herein are

trademarks of their respective owners.

Please review our privacy policy »

You received this message because you registered to receive commercial e-mail messages from whitesox.com Shop. If you no longer wish to receive commercial e-mail messages from whitesox.com Shop, please unsubscribe. Please allow up to 10 days for your request to be processed.

Postal Address: whitesox.com Shop, c/o MLB Advanced Media, L.P.,

75 Ninth Avenue, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10011.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 01:30 PM)

What in the actual f***?

Maybe if we sign Tanaka, Castro happens.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 02:24 PM)
Dude really? Discussion board users at ChiSox.com have probably been discussing Castro and making Castro-related searches. If Castro-related interest is coming off the WhiteSox official site then why wouldn't MLB's shop services try to sell them something?

Have you seen it happen before? We're always talking about players from other teams.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 02:35 PM)
Have you seen it happen before? We're always talking about players from other teams.

There are probably a lot of click-throughs in there. People on the Sox site clicking into Castros bio page, watching Castro media, etc. Only a small percentage of MLB.com users are actually going to purchase that massively overpriced garbage they sell on their website, so every bit of concentrated interest in a player is probably seen as pretty important.

I mean doesn't that sound just a *little* more plausible than something involving, say, Reptilians and secret underground bases?