Hahn's next move?

The Ultimate Champion

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like the Giants still need someone for LF. I wouldn't mind De Aza for Hector Sanchez and maybe a low level prospect. If we had to include Flowers in the deal that would be fine too.

Sanchez was one of the Giants top prospects a few years ago and has been adequate in his time in the majors. He's young and still a year away from arbitration. He's also hit lefties pretty well so at least he brings something to the table.

Bronson Arroyo (37)

Scott Baker (32)

Erik Bedard (35)

A.J. Burnett (37)

Chris Capuano (35)

Bruce Chen (37)

Freddy Garcia (37)

Jon Garland (34)

Matt Garza (30)

Jason Hammel (31)

Tommy Hanson (27)

Aaron Harang (36)

Ubaldo Jimenez (30)

Jair Jurrjens (28)

Jeff Karstens (31)

Paul Maholm (32)

Jason Marquis (35)

Daisuke Matsuzaka (33)

James McDonald (29)

Jeff Niemann (31)

Roy Oswalt (35)

Clayton Richard (30)

Ervin Santana (31)

Johan Santana (34)

Joe Saunders (33)

Jake Westbrook (36)

Jerome Williams (32)

Suk-Min Yoon (27)

Barry Zito (36)

That's MLBTR's list

I still want us to get Noesi from the M's. Coop will fix him & I doubt he's not going to be in their rotation plans ATM. I'd rather go after an under control player like that through trade than work in FA. If you strike gold then you have a long-term piece.. we don't really need to help anyone rebuild their value.

I think the White Sox already got their low-cost high-upside starter in Felipe Paulino. If they were to sign another free agent it makes more sense to me to go after a guy like Paul Maholm, Joe Saunders, or Jake Westbrook that are at least going to put up serviceable numbers and give you innings.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
Bronson Arroyo (37)

Scott Baker (32)

Erik Bedard (35)

A.J. Burnett (37)

Chris Capuano (35)

Bruce Chen (37)

Freddy Garcia (37)

Jon Garland (34)

Matt Garza (30)

Jason Hammel (31)

Tommy Hanson (27)

Aaron Harang (36)

Ubaldo Jimenez (30)

Jair Jurrjens (28)

Jeff Karstens (31)

Paul Maholm (32)

Jason Marquis (35)

Daisuke Matsuzaka (33)

James McDonald (29)

Jeff Niemann (31)

Roy Oswalt (35)

Clayton Richard (30)

Ervin Santana (31)

Johan Santana (34)

Joe Saunders (33)

Jake Westbrook (36)

Jerome Williams (32)

Suk-Min Yoon (27)

Barry Zito (36)

That's MLBTR's list

Hell Cy Chen killed the Sox maybe a 1 yr deal.

He's got all sorts of medical red flags stemming from a violent whip of a delivery, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Sox took a run at Tommy Hanson, letting the Coop/Hermie tandem do their thing with him. The guy has all sorts of talent - profiling as a legit #2, with big-time swing-and-miss stuff, WHEN HEALTHY.

Hanson and Tyler Flowers were Braves farmhands who were both absolute monsters in the 2008 AFL and Kenny was supposedly in love with both. Hanson was untouchable, but Kenny (unfortunately) pried away Flowers in the Javy trade. If Kenny still has any influence in such matters, it wouldn't be surprising for the Sox to target Hanson.

I'd like that, but only if they think he's a decent medical risk, and not just a (wounded) wing and a prayer. With FA pitchers, either go after the legit 1s, 2s, and 3s of the world, or the 4s if they are ultra dependable. There are always the Rienzo types within our system to bring up as a 5 - no need to ever waste FA money for that.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 03:58 PM)
I wouldn't mind Garza if the price is right, I hate the guy but id root for him on the White Sox, I think he's a fit.

I think signing veteran guys in their rotation is the exact opposite of what the white sox should be doing right now.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
Too many holes not to sign someone of substance.

But the team is not going to compete. It's wasted money.

If by some miracle they do compete, then they can go trade for players that fit. There really is no one in free agency worthwhile of adding to the roster right now.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 03:16 PM)
I agree.

Sale and Quintana are anchors.

Johnson should become a rotation anchor.

Danks has us financially strapped and has potential to be good again now that he is through with his recovery period.

Take the best of Paulino/Surkamp/Rienzo and try to make value out of them out of the 5 spot.

If all of what you say becomes reality, I still don't see the harm of signing a FA pitcher.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 12:58 PM)
Davidson shouldn't start the year in AAA

Why not? He's only 22 and hasn't dominated AAA. Kepp and Gillaspie can form a halfway decent lefty-righty platoon and keep it warm he's ready to stick for the long term. Keppaspie? Gillinger? So many possibilities!