2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 11:00 AM)
A Culver's just opened 2 miles from my house. If I disappear from soxtalk for an extended period of time, it's because I had a heart attack.

Those pork tenderloin sandwiches (everything on it) are awesome.

A regional sales VP at my company emails about an issue that would arise during her maternity leave, she emails HR who in turns emails a few IT managers including mine. I make the fix needed and informed her of all instructions.

She emails all of the managers and the HR rep saying thanks for the prompt response. Of course she leaves the one person who actually did any work out of the thank you email (which was in turn forwarded to me from my manager). For some reason I'm not surprised.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 10:15 PM)
A regional sales VP at my company emails about an issue that would arise during her maternity leave, she emails HR who in turns emails a few IT managers including mine. I make the fix needed and informed her of all instructions.

She emails all of the managers and the HR rep saying thanks for the prompt response. Of course she leaves the one person who actually did any work out of the thank you email (which was in turn forwarded to me from my manager). For some reason I'm not surprised.

Something similar happened to me a few months ago. There was a huge "thank you" email for resolving a critical issue for my client (that I did all of the leg-work for and pinpointed the cause) that went out to someone else. My VP was copied and some others. That was definitely frustrating, but I was most upset with the guy who took the credit. He should have replied to the email and mentioned that I did most of the work, but the dude just accepted the praise.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 06:53 PM)
Just had someone yell the N-word out the window of their car at me while I was biking home tonight. Stay classy Knoxville.

The older I get the less I like people. This person is a good reason why.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
Any idea if it is an aftershock of the quake a few years back, or an entirely new break?

This was on a segment of the subduction zone locked since mid 1800s, seismicity from previous events should have died down. 1.7 and 1.9 meter tsunami waves reported in Chile. Forecast for solid wave hits in New Zealand later today.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 08:40 PM)
This was on a segment of the subduction zone locked since mid 1800s, seismicity from previous events should have died down. 1.7 and 1.9 meter tsunami waves reported in Chile. Forecast for solid wave hits in New Zealand later today.

Thanks