2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else have a problem with the text not wrapping properly in the post box? Every sentence goes on and on to the right like it's written in notepad. It doesn't wrap down to fit the size of the box. Fast reply box is fine, but the normal reply box is not working right (on IE). Any ideas?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 04:56 PM)
Does anyone else have a problem with the text not wrapping properly in the post box? Every sentence goes on and on to the right like it's written in notepad. It doesn't wrap down to fit the size of the box. Fast reply box is fine, but the normal reply box is not working right (on IE). Any ideas?

don't use IE?

Although I am using it and it works fine (I have to). What version?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)
don't use IE?

Although I am using it and it works fine (I have to). What version?

I had to drop Chrome because I kept getting these resolving host errors that were driving me nuts. I couldn't figure it out.

I just switched soxtalk.com to compatibility view and it seems to have fixed it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 7, 2014 -> 05:05 PM)
I had to drop Chrome because I kept getting these resolving host errors that were driving me nuts. I couldn't figure it out.

I just switched soxtalk.com to compatibility view and it seems to have fixed it.

It's not just you, I have the same problem at work with IE.

Fun story of the day...

So my roommate met this girl on tinder about 2.5 months ago, they were officially dating 2 days later. She's been living with us ever since and when I say that, she's literally been in our apartment every minute of every day as apparently she doesn't work and he works from home. Anywho, I get a text from him a couple of hrs ago saying "Miriam and I got married!!!" With a picture of them wearing their new wedding rings.

WHAT. THE. f***.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 05:18 PM)
Fun story of the day...

So my roommate met this girl on tinder about 2.5 months ago, they were officially dating 2 days later. She's been living with us ever since and when I say that, she's literally been in our apartment every minute of every day as apparently she doesn't work and he works from home. Anywho, I get a text from him a couple of hrs ago saying "Miriam and I got married!!!" With a picture of them wearing their new wedding rings.

WHAT. THE. f***.

Sounds like a match made in heaven.

Fun story of the day...

WHAT. THE. f***.

You gotta move

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 05:28 PM)
You gotta move

He is actually an old SIU roommate of mine who in Carbondale was the perfect person to live with. He's always been weird as hell but he kept to himself and paid all his bills on time, no complaints whatsoever when we lived together down there. This is just so bizarre and crazy though but the good news is I'm already 3 months into a 12 month lease! :o

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 05:43 PM)
He is actually an old SIU roommate of mine who in Carbondale was the perfect person to live with. He's always been weird as hell but he kept to himself and paid all his bills on time, no complaints whatsoever when we lived together down there. This is just so bizarre and crazy though but the good news is I'm already 3 months into a 12 month lease! :o

Sounds like Miriam needs to start paying her share of the rent

Fun story of the day...

WHAT. THE. f***.

Wow, what the hell.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 08:42 PM)

Yup that's a convo that's going to happen.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 07:58 AM)
We also need pics of this girl to judge her.

Not good looking.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:56 AM)
Any of you guys wear tie clips? If so is it worth shelling out decent money for one?

Recommendations would be appreciated as well.

I got a fairly cheap one from Kohl’s. It does it’s job which for me is just keeping my tie straight. I get a little OCD when my tie is crooked.

I don’t see the point in spending a ton of money on one but I have the same opinion about watches. Some people wear them (ties clips and watches both) for fashion over function.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 01:27 PM)
I got a fairly cheap one from Kohl’s. It does it’s job which for me is just keeping my tie straight. I get a little OCD when my tie is crooked.

I don’t see the point in spending a ton of money on one but I have the same opinion about watches. Some people wear them (ties clips and watches both) for fashion over function.

Does anyone actually wear a watch to tell time now a days?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 08:42 PM)

This, for sure. Even if it's not a true 2/3 and 1/3, it should go to maybe 60/40 or something.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 01:36 PM)
Does anyone actually wear a watch to tell time now a days?

I do. Easier than pulling phone out of pocket every time. Or sometimes I'll even (gasp) leave my phone home if I'm out somewhere.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
This, for sure. Even if it's not a true 2/3 and 1/3, it should go to maybe 60/40 or something.

I do. Easier than pulling phone out of pocket every time. Or sometimes I'll even (gasp) leave my phone home if I'm out somewhere.

tumblr_inline_n8ksxgbdiF1s8lqng.gif

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 12:11 PM)
Crazy Amanda Bynes is back on Twitter.

Check out the video of her shoplifting and practically giving security guard a lap dance. Can't stop watching.

There needs to be a thing called Bynes Vines.