2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 18, 2014 -> 08:09 AM)
Yes, it's the 15 year old Russian figure skater.

Except that it's not. That's a 25 year old Finnish figure skater named Kiira Korpi.

And she's a babe, and it should be drawn to everyone's attention. CBS did nothing wrong, there.

tumblr_mjd0l1VlRF1r5ashao1_500.jpg

Kiira-Korpi-11.jpg

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 18, 2014 -> 02:30 PM)
Except that it's not. That's a 25 year old Finnish figure skater named Kiira Korpi.

And she's a babe, and it should be drawn to everyone's attention. CBS did nothing wrong, there.

tumblr_mjd0l1VlRF1r5ashao1_500.jpg

Kiira-Korpi-11.jpg

I endorse this post!

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 02:38 AM)
Shopping for any kind of clothes that fit well is unbearable when you're 6'6. :(

I'm 6'5 and order online from the same places cuz I know they'll fit when they arrive.

What alternatives are there to a traditional compost bin?

Our garden space is flagged, so there's nowhere to place a compost bin where the resultant liquid can run-off into the soil and worms can come up into the composting material. Can you get composters with a closed bottom, or what alternatives are there?

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Feb 20, 2014 -> 06:50 AM)
What alternatives are there to a traditional compost bin?

Our garden space is flagged, so there's nowhere to place a compost bin where the resultant liquid can run-off into the soil and worms can come up into the composting material. Can you get composters with a closed bottom, or what alternatives are there?

My Mom just uses a regular hard rubber garbage can with various holes popped into it for gas/liquid drainage. And when she gardens she takes worms she finds and throws them in there.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 20, 2014 -> 02:23 PM)
There's always the tumbler types

compost-bin-tumbler-main-pic.jpg

The tumbler one looks good. Probably too costly at the moment (places I checked were about €400/€500), but something to remember for the future when I'm a bit more flush.

Thanks.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 19, 2014 -> 07:14 AM)
I'm 6'5 and order online from the same places cuz I know they'll fit when they arrive.

What places?

Button up shirts are tough, but nice pants/shorts are near impossible because I don't want to buy pants that I haven't tried on.

Yeah, the Gap brands (Old Navy, Banana Republic, Gap) are pretty good about carrying tall sizes and up to 36" inseam in pants. JC Penney used to carry unhemmed pants that you could then get hemmed or hem yourself to the right length. Levi's can be purchased in 36" online as well.

Shopping for pants is easily my most frustrating shopping experience.

My office window faces a busy street about ½ block from a semi-busy intersection. Hearing sirens go by is very common, but today at about 3pm I heard a whole bunch of sirens and they seemed to be stopping nearby. I looked out my window and saw a s***load of ambulances and police cars. I figured it must have been a pretty bad wreck. About an hour later, I notice on a local news website that the wreck involved a police car responding to an armed bank robbery about 2 miles away and a car that failed to yield for it.

About a half hour after that, my wife called me and in a very urgent voice told me I had to check out the just-released surveillance photos from the bank robbery. I'm at least 90% certain that it's our next door neighbor.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 05:37 PM)
My office window faces a busy street about ½ block from a semi-busy intersection. Hearing sirens go by is very common, but today at about 3pm I heard a whole bunch of sirens and they seemed to be stopping nearby. I looked out my window and saw a s***load of ambulances and police cars. I figured it must have been a pretty bad wreck. About an hour later, I notice on a local news website that the wreck involved a police car responding to an armed bank robbery about 2 miles away and a car that failed to yield for it.

About a half hour after that, my wife called me and in a very urgent voice told me I had to check out the just-released surveillance photos from the bank robbery. I'm at least 90% certain that it's our next door neighbor.

Wow. So sorry to hear that.

Wow. So sorry to hear that.

He wasn't smart enough to not wear a mask in the bank, but he is at least smart enough to not come home so far. An unmarked sedan that I assume belongs to a detective has passed by a dozen times in the past few hours.