2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

Ugh.

@AP 8m

BREAKING: Fort Hood confirms shooting on Texas Army base, reports injuries.

There is definitely a single shooter, except that there might be two. The shooter is in custody, but maybe not. One person is confirmed dead, but there are no confirmed fatalities.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)
Worth a shot I guess but the plumbing is all busted because the previous owner never bothered to winterize it.

Just throw it on there for free, let them know they have to haul it.

People just want stuff

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)
Did you not keep it on all winter? I thought that was all you had to do.

It's been busted since before we bought the place. According to our neighbor, it was installed around 1999 but wasn't used by the two owners between then and when we bought the place (2011). The pump still works, but who knows how long the plumbing's been busted.

You'd need to either keep it on all winter so the water doesn't freeze or drain and winterize it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 11:13 AM)
It's been busted since before we bought the place. According to our neighbor, it was installed around 1999 but wasn't used by the two owners between then and when we bought the place (2011). The pump still works, but who knows how long the plumbing's been busted.

You'd need to either keep it on all winter so the water doesn't freeze or drain and winterize it.

Ah. If the pump is still good I wonder if you could at least sell that. Especially if it's an older model and more difficult to find parts.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 06:33 PM)
good call, within 2 minutes had a response, now hopefully they actually come and get it

Never underestimate people's desire for other peoples stuff, no matter what it is

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 11:13 AM)

Just saw this, but I was in the exact same position as you. We bought our house in 2010 with a hot tub in the backyard. I turned it on and the water didn't heat, it turned out that the tub was made in 1990. Instead of trying to fix it, we bought a new one. I asked the sales guy what we can do with our old one, and he said you can pay us $300 to take it away, or you can put a sign in your yard or advertise online, I guarantee someone will pick it up. We put a "Free Hot Tub" listing on Craigslist and had a bunch of inquires right away. A newlywed couple from the sticks came and picked it up in their old ass pickup truck, it was one of the most entertaining sights of my life.

We use it in the winter sometimes, so we have it full and running all winter. The electric bill was a bit high this year when it was -15 degrees all f***ing day.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 04:04 PM)
Why?

I was surprised at how many people wanted to take a busted (but repairable) hot tub. I wasn't expecting that sort of response.

Someone came and picked it up yesterday afternoon, about 24 hours after I posted it. I had 40 or so other emails from people saying they were interested.