2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
As s***ty as it is, there are worse scams than those that help a sick little girl. I hope her need of help is at least sincere

Yeah except if those people are scuzzy enough to pull something like that, odds are they aren't using that money to help the girl out. At least not all of it.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
First, you mean?

IIRC, Franz Ferdinand was assassinated June 28, 1914.

Considering that is what got it started, I would call it the final one. All of the other scrimishes and pacts etc, all came before that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 12:30 PM)
Considering that is what got it started, I would call it the final one. All of the other scrimishes and pacts etc, all came before that.

Its a legit point of historical discussion why exactly that assassination was the event that triggered it and whether there were other steps that could have allowed for the sides to back down. The austrian demands to serbia, the serbian response, the calling up of the armies on both sides, really incredible mess. I'll agree that it's hard to say there was one "final" trigger, but if you used a term like "biggest" or "official" or something like that it might be more accurate.

Earlier this week the Guardian newspaper offered a retraction of their 1914 article saying that they didn't expect there would be any major political repercussions of the assassination.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 11:30 AM)

Oh, I see what you meant now. I thought you meant it in the same way as the "last shot fired of WWI" instead of the last event preceding the outbreak of war.

We took the kids to Adult Hell aka Chuckie Cheese's for a reward yesterday. After we were done eating the pizza's we ordered, we walked away for a while and watched the kids play. When we came back to our seats after about a half hour, there were people sitting in our seats, eating our pizza. Without saying a word, the one woman pointed at the other woman, and said her sister said she had ordered it, and to eat it before it went stale. That woman just cracked up laughing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 06:55 AM)
We took the kids to Adult Hell aka Chuckie Cheese's for a reward yesterday. After we were done eating the pizza's we ordered, we walked away for a while and watched the kids play. When we came back to our seats after about a half hour, there were people sitting in our seats, eating our pizza. Without saying a word, the one woman pointed at the other woman, and said her sister said she had ordered it, and to eat it before it went stale. That woman just cracked up laughing.

Wow is all I can say. I'm speachless. I hope Chuckie Cheese's rectified the situation. What is said is the children are going to see how their parents behave and they can't help but learn from those pathetic habits.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 09:49 AM)
Wow is all I can say. I'm speachless. I hope Chuckie Cheese's rectified the situation. What is said is the children are going to see how their parents behave and they can't help but learn from those pathetic habits.

They offered to replace the food (we declined as we were probably weren't going to eat anymore anyway). They also replaced our drinks, as they had been sitting there as well.

For something they didn't do, they did try hard to fix the situation.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 07:51 AM)
They offered to replace the food (we declined as we were probably weren't going to eat anymore anyway). They also replaced our drinks, as they had been sitting there as well.

For something they didn't do, they did try hard to fix the situation.

I hope the other people were asked to leave the premises and a picture was put up to never allow them in again. Good of Chuckie (and agree, unfortunate that they would be in that position but at least they didn't leave you hanging). its kind of like when you order something at a fast food place and then turn around from the counter and drop it. Totally your fault but you hope the employees go, oh, let us replace that for you.

There are people who eat for free several times a week doing this.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)
I hope the other people were asked to leave the premises and a picture was put up to never allow them in again. Good of Chuckie (and agree, unfortunate that they would be in that position but at least they didn't leave you hanging). its kind of like when you order something at a fast food place and then turn around from the counter and drop it. Totally your fault but you hope the employees go, oh, let us replace that for you.

They left pretty much right away. They didn't even have a chance to get asked to leave.

LOL that is so absurd that I don't even know if I would have addressed. I might have just have had to do some soul-searching to decide if I really had been there in the first place