2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's nice to be home from my peaceful, relaxing vacation in suburban St. Louis earlier this week so I can come home to this:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/...y-via/14114953/

The "Louisville Purge" rumors are based on the 2013 film "The Purge" in which mobs hunt and kill people during a fictitious 12-hour period where crime is legal. A sequel, "The Purge: Anarchy," was released July 18 and is still showing.

The "Louisville Purge" is supposedly set for 8 p.m. Friday through 6:30 a.m. Saturday, and some Louisville residents have posted on social media that they will be armed.

Went to a party last night. Lots of younger folks (21-24ish) were there. Long story short. Is it me or are these words/phrases excessively overused by teens or people in their 20's:

1: "Awkward" - Oh my f***ing god i'm sick of this word. I must've heard this word 50 times last night. Anything that's even semi strange, uncomfortable, weird, etc, the word awkward comes up.

2: "At the end of the day: - oh my goodness. again. at least 50 times.

3: "it is what it is" - i wanted to shoot myself. i heard this at least 72 times last night.

4: "selfie" i will kill a small, defenseless animal next time i hear this word.

5: "I love my bf" t-shirts. wtf is this now? Is this, like, cool now? I saw at least 5 girls wearing these.

i'm 31 now. am i just getting old?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)
Went to a party last night. Lots of younger folks (21-24ish) were there. Long story short. Is it me or are these words/phrases excessively overused by teens or people in their 20's:

1: "Awkward" - Oh my f***ing god i'm sick of this word. I must've heard this word 50 times last night. Anything that's even semi strange, uncomfortable, weird, etc, the word awkward comes up.

3: "it is what it is" - i wanted to shoot myself. i heard this at least 72 times last night.

5: "I love my bf" t-shirts. wtf is this now? Is this, like, cool now? I saw at least 5 girls wearing these.

Old ass man.

I'm a little younger than you(turn 27 next week) but besides number 3 which I say myself a lot, I don't really hear/see those phrases too much.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)

It is what it is. At the end of the day, if you don't love your bf, you're just going to be an awkward old man.

Selfie.

You got to figure Jordan was rocking his 1980's Bulls attire too, so lots of people were saying awkward and then taking selfies with him. No explanation for the I love my BF shirt, other then they wanted to make sure 1980's J4L knew these ladies were taken.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
Between that and opening a new Wikipedia page from something I read in almost every map, I spent about 1-2 hours on it yesterday.

I remember that from history books in school. There's a movie about the split Roman Empire out there. They had two popes and two emperors.

That's why there are Orthodox and Roman Catholics. They split the entire early Christian world in half.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 01:25 PM)
I remember that from history books in school. There's a movie about the split Roman Empire out there. They had two popes and two emperors.

That's why there are Orthodox and Roman Catholics. They split the entire early Christian world in half.

The maps encompassed much more than just the schism, though.