2014 Catch-all Anything thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got nominated to do the ice bucket challenge a few weeks back which I did but my buddy's wife recorded it and never put it on facebook. Anyways, I just got a call on my direct line at work that said "Our records indicate that you were nominated to do the ice bucket challenge and have not yet completed it..."

Facebook's crazy.

So I got nominated to do the ice bucket challenge a few weeks back which I did but my buddy's wife recorded it and never put it on facebook. Anyways, I just got a call on my direct line at work that said "Our records indicate that you were nominated to do the ice bucket challenge and have not yet completed it..."

Facebook's crazy.

I've been nominated to do the "ice bucket challenge" eleven times but haven't done it. Just wondering if there is any sort of record I can shoot for.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 12:24 PM)

Facebook's crazy.

WTF

Even with the "no" result, there were lots of promises made to Scotland by the British political parties about devolving even more control over Scottish issues to Scotland. It sort of creates a complicated mess (Scottish MP's can vote in Westminster on things that will control England, but the English MP's can't have similar say over Scotland), and other areas like Wales might demand something similar.

Even with the "no" result, there were lots of promises made to Scotland by the British political parties about devolving even more control over Scottish issues to Scotland. It sort of creates a complicated mess (Scottish MP's can vote in Westminster on things that will control England, but the English MP's can't have similar say over Scotland), and other areas like Wales might demand something similar.

Wales needs to remain with England. England is their only source of vowels.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 09:08 AM)
Bx4ohosCAAA5h17.jpg

Interesting results by age in the Scotland vote showing a very large pro-Independence viewpoint among the younger generations. This could be an issue again in the future.

Is that a cohort or generational effect though? I really have no idea.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 10:53 AM)
Is that a cohort or generational effect though? I really have no idea.

Just a guess... one shared experience the elder generation has that the younger generation doesn't have? The second world war. (Including many as children).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)
Just a guess... one shared experience the elder generation has that the younger generation doesn't have? The second world war. (Including many as children).

You might have something there, given the huge jump in "no" for the 65+ group. A significant part of that group would have actually lived through the war, and even the ones who were born shortly thereafter might have felt the united nationalism a little moreso than those even born a decade later.