2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 10:08 AM)
Saw it Monday night at the movies. Pretty nice.

A year or so ago, I got to see Back to the Future on the big screen for the first time since I first saw it and didn't regret it. I'll probably go to GBusters this afternoon.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: 4 out of 5 stars

It felt like I was reading a comic book. That said... The whole movie felt rushed and the Hobgoblin/Gwen Stacy scene felt thrown in.

Heaven is for Real: 3 out of 5 stars

Good movie premise, but you could tell the scenes that were "Hollywood-ed" up.

Jumper: 3.5 stars out of 5

Entertaining. A good plot idea. Felt like it was cut short to set up a sequel that never happened.

"Tim's Vermeer" was a great documentary. Was only 99 cents on iTunes so watched it on the train.

"Palo Alto" was pointless and a waste. Nothing happens. Just a bunch of interaction that tries to hard to be thought provoking with some bad young actors.

So I saw "CBGB" last night, and I really liked it but one thing bugged me.

Alan Rickman is English, playing a New Yorker, and Donal Logue is American, playing a guy from England. Neither of them could maintain the opposite accent, and at one point I think Rickman just said "f*** it" and stopped (a la Kevin Costner in Robin Hood).

The movie was cool though, and Ashley Greene is hot

saw maze runner and equalizer yesterday. they were both great.

re maze runner, the good thing about it is, they have this whole

group of young actors that is going to make a name for themselves

in the future.

re equalizer, not a academy award move but a brain dead movie with

good action and story line. I wouldn't mind going to pay for a second

showing.

I can't wait for Birdman. Keaton is great and hopefully the dark humor carries most of the film.

Totally unrelated, after seeing a couple trailers, I am now looking forward to Dumb and Dumber To. I was skeptical when it was announced, but it looks like it could be nearly as stupidly funny as the original.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 12:37 AM)
Lots to be stoked for this fall/winter. Gone Girl, Birdman, Foxcatcher, nightcrawler, inherent Vice, and Interstellar.

I must be a real old fart, b/c I can't get in those movies. it must be nice to be young again.

anyone into the supernatural movies.... I am wonder about Annabelle?

ok this is getting to me. who is the girl Brian. I am intrigued.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 4, 2014 -> 07:33 PM)
Going to see Gone Girl tonight.

Watched American Psycho last night thinking it was the prequel to Bates Motel. Apparently just "Psycho" is the prequel.

Anyway, what a weird, f***ed up movie. I can't say I liked it, because it never really had much of a point, but it was entertaining for sure.

Lol yea, American Psycho is not connected to Psycho. It is, however, connected to The Rules of Attraction. Christian Bales character in American Psycho is James Van Der Beeks older brother. And yea, the movie is really weird

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 4, 2014 -> 07:50 PM)
Lol yea, American Psycho is not connected to Psycho. It is, however, connected to The Rules of Attraction. Christian Bales character in American Psycho is James Van Der Beeks older brother. And yea, the movie is really weird

I checked the IMDB of the movie and saw that the main character's name was "Bateman", so the show being called "Bate's Motel" made sense to me and I continued watching. Oh well.

So Gone Girl was.....interesting. Like someone else said, it was a little far fetched, and had a s***ty and frustrating ending, but it had a LOT of twists and turns and almost felt like 3 different movies. I thought the movie was going to end like 3 different times, and it kept evolving in to a new plot.

I don't want to spoil anything, but I can think of about 3-4 things about this movie that didn't make sense or that I would have done differently in these situations.

Watched three different movies last night......Draft Day, Bad Words and Lone Survivor.

I liked all three. always said that if I had a dying wish, I would love to be in the Bears war room on draft day.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 4, 2014 -> 07:27 PM)
Gone Girl was really well done, a classic Fincher movie, but a little too far-fetched near the end. Had to roll my eyes at a few things, but overall a pretty entertaining few hours.

Thats how I felt about the book.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
Here was my biggest issue:

I was good with just about everything until she came back, and Affleck didn't find a way out. The police wouldn't help, nor would his lawyer or anyone else involved. I just couldn't buy into that. Him staying for the baby I actually even believed, but there was like a seven week window where he was just living in the house with her, and nothing else was keeping him there aside from the press. I just couldn't get my head around that.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it.

And.

There is no way, NO WAY that she gets away with killing NPH. They have all the camera footage from the lake house to show she was NOT kidnapped, and once they figure out an alibi for NPH that doesn't allow him to be the one to kidnap her, then it would open the investigation back up. Her getting away with it is completely implausible.