2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 5, 2014 -> 04:27 PM)
Yes, the OS rosters are out.

Yes, there are probably reviews of The Show '14 PS4 somewhere.

And Gamestop wouldn't take my PS3 today because at somepoint someone dropped my PS3 and the bottom piece broke off, so it is currently held on with electrical tape. They said they can't take it if the shell is damaged, so I'm out of luck there.

But on the plus side I got $60.10 for a PS3 controller ($10.50), MLB 14 the Show ($40), and MLB 13 The Show (9.60). For whatever reason I did not get charged tax, so I will get The Show '14 PS4 for free.

So if I have a perfect PS3, what type of money do i get for it?

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2014 -> 12:03 PM)
So if I have a perfect PS3, what type of money do i get for it?

I would say around $40-50 from Gamestop.. depends what model and HD size it is

Looks like they will give $140 for a 500GB new K Model

Edited by TRU

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 6, 2014 -> 02:04 PM)
Picked it up at noon. Can't wait to put that glorious bastard in.

Mine got delivered around 11 - will start the install when I get home since apparently it takes forever.

Anyone who has the game - I really want to see what Jose Abreu looks like...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2014 -> 02:08 PM)
Mine got delivered around 11 - will start the install when I get home since apparently it takes forever.

Anyone who has the game - I really want to see what Jose Abreu looks like...

Jose Abreu!

e6b7f658b966686f97629b1d9f5f6357.jpeg

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2014 -> 10:08 AM)
OS rosters always come with two things.

A generated player face and not a picture.

Unrealistic player faces.

Does Jose Abreu have a picture in the game? Does he look like Jose Abreu? My interest in the game this year entirely revolves around him.

If you just wanted Jose Abreu's picture, you would wait until the first roster update for the PS4. But SCEA doesn't actually take the time to make his face in game, they just throw a generic face on rookies. However, the guys at OS are actually making a real face for Jose, it just won't include his real life picture.

Ooooh, son of a b****.

So you know how you can move your saved data from your PS3 Show saves to the PS4? Well you have to actually upload your data to the cloud IN-GAME on the PS3. The cloud-created saves you get from having PS+ on your PS3 do not count. You need to fire up The Show on your PS3, save it to the cloud IN-GAME, and then it will work.

Well guess what, I just traded my game in last night. Son of a f***ing f***. So now I have to go rent the damn PS3 version for like 2 minutes just to do this. What a f***ing pain in the ass. Would have been nice to know that information beforehand.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 6, 2014 -> 02:50 PM)
Ooooh, son of a b****.

So you know how you can move your saved data from your PS3 Show saves to the PS4? Well you have to actually upload your data to the cloud IN-GAME on the PS3. The cloud-created saves you get from having PS+ on your PS3 do not count. You need to fire up The Show on your PS3, save it to the cloud IN-GAME, and then it will work.

Well guess what, I just traded my game in last night. Son of a f***ing f***. So now I have to go rent the damn PS3 version for like 2 minutes just to do this. What a f***ing pain in the ass. Would have been nice to know that information beforehand.

That's brutal man, If they had auto save to the HDD they might as well had auto save to the cloud.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ May 6, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)
That's brutal man, If they had auto save to the HDD they might as well had auto save to the cloud.

IIRC, the PS4 does not read thumbdrives. If it did, I could just manually save my data to the USB off my PS3, then plug that thumbdrive in to the PS4 and copy it over. But that would have been too easy.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 6, 2014 -> 03:33 PM)
Which is what happens any time a player changes teams, so it's not a big deal anyway. I'll still be using the OS roster versions though for my Online/Offline franchises.

They've never had real pictures for first year foreign players before. I don't know why they'd change that now.