2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 04:12 PM)
Add me on PSN for Destiny if you want: rowdyruss22

Favorite gun thus far are the Cydonia's.

I got one of those late in the beta. That thing melts faces and just about everyone used it in the multiplayer (that or a Shingen).

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scored an unexpected $60 today and have been deciding if I should flip a coin between NHL 15 and Madden 15. I'd be getting NHL simply because I love hockey and it would be weird not buying a hockey game for once. On the other hand, I haven't owned a Madden game in 5 years, and I feel like I need a football game to play one of these years.

Either way, I've only got 2 games for my PS4 right now, and the only one I KNOW I am getting is Far Cry 4 in November, so I may want something to tide me over once I finally beat Watchdogs and trade that in.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 09:35 PM)
Scored an unexpected $60 today and have been deciding if I should flip a coin between NHL 15 and Madden 15. I'd be getting NHL simply because I love hockey and it would be weird not buying a hockey game for once. On the other hand, I haven't owned a Madden game in 5 years, and I feel like I need a football game to play one of these years.

Either way, I've only got 2 games for my PS4 right now, and the only one I KNOW I am getting is Far Cry 4 in November, so I may want something to tide me over once I finally beat Watchdogs and trade that in.

I'm having a decent amount of fun with Madden. It's not perfect, but it's probably the best Madden in a long time.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 12:16 AM)
FIFA 15 demo is out for Xbox. It feels like a different game this year, really liking it so far.

I have to say the presentation blew me away. They've always done well in this regard, but, man, what a step forward this year. Gameplay felt pretty much the same though. Felt like there were some more animations at work, but almost identical so far. That's fine, subtle changes are all that's needed.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 12, 2014 -> 02:54 PM)
I have to say the presentation blew me away. They've always done well in this regard, but, man, what a step forward this year. Gameplay felt pretty much the same though. Felt like there were some more animations at work, but almost identical so far. That's fine, subtle changes are all that's needed.

I feel like the way the players dribble feels a lot more refined and realistic. It's not as fast as it was last year, which I like.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2014 -> 02:57 PM)
I feel like the way the players dribble feels a lot more refined and realistic. It's not as fast as it was last year, which I like.

Yeah, I'm starting to pick up on that subtlety. It seemed easier to turn defenders the wrong way, but I don't think it was a high difficulty level. From what I could see, there was no way to change the difficulty so I'm not sure what I was playing.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 12, 2014 -> 05:55 PM)
Yeah, I'm starting to pick up on that subtlety. It seemed easier to turn defenders the wrong way, but I don't think it was a high difficulty level. From what I could see, there was no way to change the difficulty so I'm not sure what I was playing.

I think the difficulty almost changed from game to game. I lost a game 3-0 somehow and I couldn't get the ball away from the other team, but I've won every other game by 2. Maybe it was just that one game.

Zoom, I see that youre now able to play with me so ill team up with you next time I see you on. I was doing the strike playlists when you joined me yesterday so you wouldnt have been able to do it yet. Looks like you can now though so ill look out for you next time I get on Destiny.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 10:16 AM)
Zoom, I see that youre now able to play with me so ill team up with you next time I see you on. I was doing the strike playlists when you joined me yesterday so you wouldnt have been able to do it yet. Looks like you can now though so ill look out for you next time I get on Destiny.

Yeah, I tried to say why I was dropping out over the mic, but forgot that you can only chat with your party members. That s*** is annoying. I played a lot yesterday. :P

It seems like it is very annoying leveling after you hit 20. You need that s*** though, I tried doing the heroic weekly strike with another level 20 and we both were getting one-shot by everything.

Sort of related: does anyone know what the hell all of these materials are for? I got a ton of s*** and it seems confusing. I know where to use strange coins and I think some of it is for gear upgrades, but not totally sure.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 12:43 PM)
Yeah, I tried to say why I was dropping out over the mic, but forgot that you can only chat with your party members. That s*** is annoying. I played a lot yesterday. :P

It seems like it is very annoying leveling after you hit 20. You need that s*** though, I tried doing the heroic weekly strike with another level 20 and we both were getting one-shot by everything.

Sort of related: does anyone know what the hell all of these materials are for? I got a ton of s*** and it seems confusing. I know where to use strange coins and I think some of it is for gear upgrades, but not totally sure.

I heard you, people in the same fireteam can communicate through chat. I just didn't have a mic on so I couldn't respond.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 07:58 AM)
I heard you, people in the same fireteam can communicate through chat. I just didn't have a mic on so I couldn't respond.

Make sure your audio settings are set to "Mixed" or hybrid or whatever they call it. Otherwise it is REALLY hard to hear commentary from the fireteam.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 11:23 AM)
Make sure your audio settings are set to "Mixed" or hybrid or whatever they call it. Otherwise it is REALLY hard to hear commentary from the fireteam.

Maybe that was my issue, pretty sure mine is on prioritize party. I could not hear the guy in my fireteam before we started a party (this isn't you i'm talking about tru).

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 12:41 PM)
Maybe that was my issue, pretty sure mine is on prioritize party. I could not hear the guy in my fireteam before we started a party (this isn't you i'm talking about tru).

I think you need to get the 'rents to splurge on a higher speed service! You were glitching like mad on Sunday.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 11:42 AM)
Hmm maybe ill pick this up

Just to warn you, there's a lot of grinding once you finish the story (which I still haven't done because I do other stuff, but I digress). You could probably finish it at level 15 or so after 12 hours, if you do nothing but story missions. After that, it's multiplayer and repeated strike missions/raids while trying to upgrade your loot. That will turn a lot of people off. Others will gripe about a virtually non-existant story, boring side missions or mediocre bosses (most of them are just larger versions of regular enemies with limited attacks and insane health bars).

I love it though. It's not perfect or revolutionary, but it's fun. The basic gameplay is good, you get some awesome abilities, the graphics are good and it runs well, and you can get some pretty good mileage if you play all three classes and keep chasing loot like I know I will.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)
Just to warn you, there's a lot of grinding once you finish the story (which I still haven't done because I do other stuff, but I digress). You could probably finish it at level 15 or so after 12 hours, if you do nothing but story missions. After that, it's multiplayer and repeated strike missions/raids while trying to upgrade your loot. That will turn a lot of people off. Others will gripe about a virtually non-existant story, boring side missions or mediocre bosses (most of them are just larger versions of regular enemies with limited attacks and insane health bars).

I love it though. It's not perfect or revolutionary, but it's fun. The basic gameplay is good, you get some awesome abilities, the graphics are good and it runs well, and you can get some pretty good mileage if you play all three classes and keep chasing loot like I know I will.

Yea the story was lackluster, we discussed it briefly last night, but it could've been so much more. It wasn't bad, just wasn't really developed. However, it set itself up really nice for strike missions, and that's really what the game is about. Super smooth gameplay with difficult but not impossible co-op missions. And I love that, there should be a ton of DC material coming out to keep the game alive and the multiplayer is pretty great (but seriously, can they ban shotguns from all PvP shooters).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 10:50 PM)
Yea the story was lackluster, we discussed it briefly last night, but it could've been so much more. It wasn't bad, just wasn't really developed. However, it set itself up really nice for strike missions, and that's really what the game is about. Super smooth gameplay with difficult but not impossible co-op missions. And I love that, there should be a ton of DC material coming out to keep the game alive and the multiplayer is pretty great (but seriously, can they ban shotguns from all PvP shooters).

It's pretty much all auto rifles and shotguns in multiplayer. What's funny is they already buffed hand cannons and pulse rifles from the beta.

I heard the Vault of Glass raid is insane. It'll be a while before I hit 26 unfortunately at this rate.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 11:55 PM)
Oh man, the trade in price on Watchdogs PLUMMITED over the past week. It was listed at $36 a week ago on Gamestop. Now it's like $17 or $18. Yikes. Guess I'll hold on to this or try to sell it to a friend for like $25.

It's on sale for Xbox Live Gold members for $42 (weird price) right now. That could have something to do with it.