2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 08:20 AM)
It's pretty much all auto rifles and shotguns in multiplayer. What's funny is they already buffed hand cannons and pulse rifles from the beta.

I heard the Vault of Glass raid is insane. It'll be a while before I hit 26 unfortunately at this rate.

I was watching some footage of people playing Vault of Glass. It looks crazy, it's hard to even tell what is going on. I know it takes a few hours to beat.

Actually I just read it took the first team to beat this ten hours. Ten!

Edited by GoSox05

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 04:35 PM)
I was watching some footage of people playing Vault of Glass. It looks crazy, it's hard to even tell what is going on. I know it takes a few hours to beat.

Whaaaaaat. Oh damn, may need to stay away from that for productivity sake.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 04:35 PM)

Yeah, I think I read that the team combined for over 1600 deaths too.

I got out the PS 1 from storage and have been buying cheap retro arcade-style games on ebay.

Enjoying reminiscing my childhood.

It's nice that they made Atari/Activision/Williams/Namco/Midway PS 1 games similar to the old arcade machines.

If only Donkey Kong and Mario Bros weren't Nintendo exclusives....

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 11:55 PM)
Oh man, the trade in price on Watchdogs PLUMMITED over the past week. It was listed at $36 a week ago on Gamestop. Now it's like $17 or $18. Yikes. Guess I'll hold on to this or try to sell it to a friend for like $25.

Not surprising. A) there's a whole lot of copies of watch_dogs out there since it sold so well. B) Its a mediocre game that lots of players have moved on from... Me personally, I will play the DLC with T-Bone since he was one of the more interesting characters in the game before I "move on".

Downloaded The Sims 4 today. Haven't played a Sims game in like 4 or 5 years, but I just got the itch for it, and I found it for free.

My guy is so f***ing poor. I had about $130, have only like 3 windows in my house, no wallpaper, absolutely nothing in my living room, no TVs, lol. My guy is so bored, and he only makes $9 an hour as a criminal. Hoping that life of crime will pay off eventually, then I get can get out of the business before I die or get thrown in jail (can that happen?).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 21, 2014 -> 09:43 PM)
It really is. I just wish I had a stronger guy (at lvl 23 right now) so I could do the raids/heroic weekly strikes. Right now we just get s***ted on in them.

Ive tried to do the hardest lvl on the strike playlist a few times now and I keep getting put with randoms who suck or people who lag out so I haven't gotten to complete it yet. Just hit lvl 23 last night

I am level 24, only because I had enough "strange coins" to buy legendary armor of Friday when the vendor appeared. All the guys in my clan are level 27 or higher. Only reason they want me in the clan is because I rock at PvP... ha.

Destiny is an awesome game. The reviews baffle me. Its as if the reviewers played the story mode and stopped playing. The game doesn't really "start" until you get to level 20.

Yea, as mentioned, the main storyline was lackluster, it could've been so much better. However, it sets up for some great DLCs, and the gameplay is so smooth and the fighting pretty unique (as in, all the enemies are different and it's not just firing guns into them, there's definitely strategy), that the strikes and stuff are all very entertaining still.

So anybody doing one of the cults? My friends and I decided to go for New Monarchy (I originally started Future War but they wanted to do NM). A bit frustrating that it takes so long to level up in those but probably a good thing to keep it interesting.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 10:15 AM)
Destiny is an awesome game. The reviews baffle me. Its as if the reviewers played the story mode and stopped playing. The game doesn't really "start" until you get to level 20.

I think the reviews make complete sense. The shooting mechanics may be near-perfect, but the story is boring and the mission structures are incredibly repetitive. The competitor multiplayer is also lackluster IMO (compared to Halo or CoD) and completely unbalanced when you first start.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the game right now, but the endless grinding won't do it for me in the long-run. I'll be switching over to the Master Chief collection for my shooter needs as soon as it's released.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 21, 2014 -> 09:43 PM)
It really is. I just wish I had a stronger guy (at lvl 23 right now) so I could do the raids/heroic weekly strikes. Right now we just get s***ted on in them.

Heroic should be doable with at least one other high level guy. I did it with a 24 Hunter, should be easier if you get 2, especially if one is a defender titan.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 11:27 AM)
So anybody doing one of the cults? My friends and I decided to go for New Monarchy (I originally started Future War but they wanted to do NM). A bit frustrating that it takes so long to level up in those but probably a good thing to keep it interesting.

You should really get at least vanguard 2 first (which takes forever), the cult rep replaces vanguard rep.

Sort of related: I should have a good old time grabbing loot this week. Nearly crucible rank 2 so I can buy s***, up to 10 coins and like 20 motes for Zur, and you can keep getting stuff from the cryptarch after level 3. Cave farming helps with that. :P

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
Heroic should be doable with at least one other high level guy. I did it with a 24 Hunter, should be easier if you get 2, especially if one is a defender titan.

I think the problem is that one of my friends is terrible, there have seriously been games where I get 100 kills, another friend gets 80, and he'll be at like 40. I just don't get that.

It also hurts that two of my friends are blade dancers which suck in co-op but are great in PvP.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)
Is it too late to b**** about Madden?

I've enjoyed it. That said, NHL 15 and Destiny have kinda taken over.

I swear, the first games of Madden are enjoyable, and then suddenly it always becomes impossible to do anything but slant routes without getting intercepted.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 05:06 PM)

I swear, the first games of Madden are enjoyable, and then suddenly it always becomes impossible to do anything but slant routes without getting intercepted.

That's my memory of Madden from 5 years ago. Anything straight down the field was always met with an incredible INT where the CB pivots at the last second, or the ball is swatted. Slats, 10-year cross routes and outside pitches were the only 3 things I ever did.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 01:21 PM)
I think the problem is that one of my friends is terrible, there have seriously been games where I get 100 kills, another friend gets 80, and he'll be at like 40. I just don't get that.

It also hurts that two of my friends are blade dancers which suck in co-op but are great in PvP.

I wouldn't worry about his kill count nearly as much as his death count. Reviving guys gets you killed.

Having a defender or sunsinger would help, but is not crucial. I was a 23 voidwalker and he was a bladedancer. Both are squishy damage dealers. The key for me was blinking out if I got mobbed.

Played a few hours of The Sims 4 today. Discovered the "community" section of the online portion where you can browse uploaded Sims that people have made. I noticed some celebs, so that got me thinking, and now my Sims neighborhood is populated with Walt, Skyler, and Walt Jr. White in one house, Jesse and Jane (he deserves that) in another house, the Lip, Ian, and Fiona Gallagher in another, and of course, my dreamgirl, Anna Kendrick in another.

I then promptly impregnated both Anna Kendrick AND my current GF. My next conquest will be Fiona. I'm interested to see what happens when I got 3 kids with 3 different moms floating around the neighborhood. I already had my old GF throwing up in the bathroom sick w/ the baby while I banged Anna Kendrick 10 feet away from her. putting a new baby in her, and I found that hilarious. Father of the year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 10:06 PM)

Why did they reuse so much of the audio?