2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 05:06 PM)
I've enjoyed it. That said, NHL 15 and Destiny have kinda taken over.

I swear, the first games of Madden are enjoyable, and then suddenly it always becomes impossible to do anything but slant routes without getting intercepted.

Madden on higher difficulties forces you to play smart. You can't go throwing streaks all game, it doesn't work. They're opportunistic plays you take advantage of every once in a while when you catch a one-on-one.

You have to run a balanced offense on all-pro and all-madden. Runs up the middle are incredibly effective this year. Mesh and stick plays work great in this year's game. You're not going to get much more than 10 yards on them, but that's part of the game. Control the tempo of the game and run the clock.

Personally I'm not real good on defense so I have to control the clock to beat teams.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 01:56 PM)
Madden on higher difficulties forces you to play smart. You can't go throwing streaks all game, it doesn't work. They're opportunistic plays you take advantage of every once in a while when you catch a one-on-one.

You have to run a balanced offense on all-pro and all-madden. Runs up the middle are incredibly effective this year. Mesh and stick plays work great in this year's game. You're not going to get much more than 10 yards on them, but that's part of the game. Control the tempo of the game and run the clock.

Personally I'm not real good on defense so I have to control the clock to beat teams.

That's stupid, why cant I complete streak routes all game that's what real football is. I don't want to have to run slants and option routes, I just want to throw deep bombs to wide open receivers all game.

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 04:52 PM)
That's stupid, why cant I complete streak routes all game that's what real football is. I don't want to have to run slants and option routes, I just want to throw deep bombs to wide open receivers all game.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic.

Real football is not throwing streaks all game. Even the Broncos can't do that.

Eh, I can relate to the guy. I'm fine if it's not a high completion rate. What I don't liike was when (not bad anymore) to correct how easy it was previously, they basically had the cornerbacks play the ball while the receivers ran like idiots completely oblivious to the ball.

They didn't correct it by having the QB throw long and erratic more often, just had the DB play the ball perfectly every time while the WR doesn't make a play for the ball.

For the higher level Destiny players: the Queen's Wrath event is a fairly easy way to get legendary gear.

1) Accept one of the Queen's bounties and complete it.

2) Select the new mission you get on the left of the main destination screen.

It will be a random level 24 epic mission (wasn't THAT hard and I'm barely 24) and you get a legendary item. The one drawback is it sounds like you can get the same item several times.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

My sim died f***ing Fiona Gallagher. His heart exploded from all the sex. LMAO. But I didn't save the game and I am going to toggle Death off so I won't die. It's way to hard to get everything you want accomplished before you die, and I don't want to continue building this empire house with one of my 7 bastard children.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
My sim died f***ing Fiona Gallagher. His heart exploded from all the sex. LMAO. But I didn't save the game and I am going to toggle Death off so I won't die. It's way to hard to get everything you want accomplished before you die, and I don't want to continue building this empire house with one of my 7 bastard children.

This made me lol.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 01:44 PM)
This made me lol.

I've been laughing my ass off being such a womanizing dick to these ladies. I decided to marry Fiona at some point, just because, and I invited both my other baby-mommas to the wedding. So it was a big love-rectangle between the 4 of us. The night ended with each of them crying at some point while I f***ed the other ones. lmao, this game cracks me up.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 01:54 PM)
I've been laughing my ass off being such a womanizing dick to these ladies. I decided to marry Fiona at some point, just because, and I invited both my other baby-mommas to the wedding. So it was a big love-rectangle between the 4 of us. The night ended with each of them crying at some point while I f***ed the other ones. lmao, this game cracks me up.

WTF

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
WTF

Ain't no game homie, this is life.

Nah, it's The Sims 4. I've been talking about it for a couple pages now. I haven't played any variation in like 4 or 5 years, but I just got the kick again and was able to download it for free.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 02:03 PM)
Ain't no game homie, this is life.

Nah, it's The Sims 4. I've been talking about it for a couple pages now. I haven't played any variation in like 4 or 5 years, but I just got the kick again and was able to download it for free.

Sims 4 huh, cool. They have Fiona built in?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 25, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)
Sims 4 huh, cool. They have Fiona built in?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 02:12 AM)
Played a few hours of The Sims 4 today. Discovered the "community" section of the online portion where you can browse uploaded Sims that people have made. I noticed some celebs, so that got me thinking, and now my Sims neighborhood is populated with Walt, Skyler, and Walt Jr. White in one house, Jesse and Jane (he deserves that) in another house, the Lip, Ian, and Fiona Gallagher in another, and of course, my dreamgirl, Anna Kendrick in another.

I then promptly impregnated both Anna Kendrick AND my current GF. My next conquest will be Fiona. I'm interested to see what happens when I got 3 kids with 3 different moms floating around the neighborhood. I already had my old GF throwing up in the bathroom sick w/ the baby while I banged Anna Kendrick 10 feet away from her. putting a new baby in her, and I found that hilarious. Father of the year.