2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 08:15 AM)
Having never played Blood Dragon, I will just say that Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep was absolutely phenomenal and it's by far my #1 DLC. Bethesda has had some really good DLC too between the Elder Scrolls and Fallout too.

I remember my buddy and I playing through that one on whatever the hardest difficulty was right after we hit max level, and it would take us a good 15-20 minutes sometimes to clear an area. It was definitely one of my favorite parts of playing that game. Speaking of Boarderlands, has anybody played the pre sequel?

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (gatnom @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)
I remember my buddy and I playing through that one on whatever the hardest difficulty was right after we hit max level, and it would take us a good 15-20 minutes sometimes to clear an area. It was definitely one of my favorite parts of playing that game. Speaking of Boarderlands, has anybody played the pre sequel?

Didn't realize it was out. I am definitely going to be investing in it.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
I might get the Watch_Dogs DLC after I finish Shadow of Mordor. Aiden is just...so bad.

Meanwhile, Shadow of Mordor is so perfect. I've dropped 8 hours in and I forgot to do the missions for a while. The Nemesis system is just so addicting.

I'm tempted to pick that up even though I'll probably never get to play it as thoroughly as it's intended to be played. $33 bucks right now on a bundle site through Steam.

I might get the Watch_Dogs DLC after I finish Shadow of Mordor. Aiden is just...so bad.

Meanwhile, Shadow of Mordor is so perfect. I've dropped 8 hours in and I forgot to do the missions for a while. The Nemesis system is just so addicting.

I have a friend who has it and I was HEAVILY suggesting he let me borrow it, but be didn't pick up on it, or didn't want to let me have it. I got about 6 nights of free rentals from Red Box though, so I might try it out. I still want to try and rent AC4 and finish that up though, so we'll see.

Also, picked up Madden 15 yesterday for $21 (after my $23 return on WatchDogs).

I think I am regretting doing my Connected Franchise thing online. I am CONSTANTLY losing connection to the EA servers, which means it won't let me do anything in my franchise. Can't play at all without being connected. I'm wondering what is going to happen when I lose connect mid-game, or during the post-game load. Will it just lose my entire game? That's going to be a real game killer when I lose a 40 minute game because the server drops out.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 01:56 AM)
Also, picked up Madden 15 yesterday for $21 (after my $23 return on WatchDogs).

I think I am regretting doing my Connected Franchise thing online. I am CONSTANTLY losing connection to the EA servers, which means it won't let me do anything in my franchise. Can't play at all without being connected. I'm wondering what is going to happen when I lose connect mid-game, or during the post-game load. Will it just lose my entire game? That's going to be a real game killer when I lose a 40 minute game because the server drops out.

Yup, you'd lose the progress of your game. What kind of NAT do you have? Are you wired or wireless?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 03:38 PM)
Wireless. It's not really feasible to have a wired connection in our house. We've never had wired internet in any room other than where our router is.

Well that's probably the issue then. Does this happen with your other games as well?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
Well that's probably the issue then. Does this happen with your other games as well?

Nope. I'm not losing internet connection, I'm just losing connection to EA's servers it says. My signal strength on my WiFi is 100% because we have a booster in the middle of our house.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
Nope. I'm not losing internet connection, I'm just losing connection to EA's servers it says. My signal strength on my WiFi is 100% because we have a booster in the middle of our house.

EA's servers aren't great, but I've only been disconnected a couple of times. I play Connected Franchise online a lot and I've never lost progress.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)

I am in a connected franchise with like 10 other people and I've never had that problem.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 09:14 PM)
EA's servers aren't great, but I've only been disconnected a couple of times. I play Connected Franchise online a lot and I've never lost progress.

Well maybe it was just last night then, which was only my 1st night owning the game. I've got 12 more days to decide if I want to return it to Best Buy. Hah.

QUOTE (almagest @ Oct 23, 2014 -> 10:15 PM)
Anyone still playing Destiny on PS4? Got a 28 Hunter and a 26 Titan. Gamertag is al_magest.

Yes, I have a 20 Warlock, have just finally been getting involved in crucible matches. I've never been good at FPS multi-player, but in just 2 days of playing it with any sort of regularity, I've gone from totally useless to barely competent, which seems like a vast improvement.

Username is JUMPtheCHZBURGR

So I picked up SoM. The reviews were right: it's Assassins Creed and Arkham Asylum set in LotR. Pretty awesome a few hours in.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 09:49 AM)
So I picked up SoM. The reviews were right: it's Assassins Creed and Arkham Asylum set in LotR. Pretty awesome a few hours in.

Do the Gollum missions. I neglected them but you get powers that you'll need to deal with orcs.

You start off all powerful, but damn does it get hard at some point.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 09:07 AM)
Yes, I have a 20 Warlock, have just finally been getting involved in crucible matches. I've never been good at FPS multi-player, but in just 2 days of playing it with any sort of regularity, I've gone from totally useless to barely competent, which seems like a vast improvement.

Username is JUMPtheCHZBURGR

Wowowow only 20, you seeing this Carl? He's probably still better than Jose

Day 2 of playing Madden, and again I am having trouble connecting to EA servers. Just like last time, I was able to get on and play 1 game fine, but then right after that first game, it could not longer connect to the servers. If this becomes a routine, I'm returning this garbage.

But to the actual gameplay now....what's the point of the precision running stuff? So I didn't realize there was even any sort of precision anything until I tried the Gauntlet thing and it recommended I press down on the right stick to regain my balance if I am stumbling? I was confused what that meant, so I did those skills trainer things and saw the precision running thing with L2. But every move it had me perform was already a move I could do. I could spin, I could juke, I could dive, I could accelerate. So why does it want me to hold L2 when I do? I'm assuming it makes it more likely for me to break a tackle while holding L2 versus not holding L2....but why even make that distinction then? And it's not even like a more exaggerated juke or spin...it's the same exact thing, but it just works better? Why? What am I missing here? It sounds incredible redundant, like, why would I ever NOT hold down L2 when doing this? Why ever juke without doing a "precision juke"?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 03:31 PM)
Do the Gollum missions. I neglected them but you get powers that you'll need to deal with orcs.

You start off all powerful, but damn does it get hard at some point.

I'm finding some of the warchief missions to be a little too easy but also annoying. Basically I just sit on a roof somewhere and pick them off slowly (those without range attack blocks anyway), but then I have to wait around for the mob to leave so I can pick up the rune. I can kill the guy in 10 minutes, then it takes 40 minutes to get the rune.

In case anybody out there ever played / still plays Titanfall, the game has been reinvigorated. Last week they put out a big update that includes a new horde mode-styled game type, new achievements, a new ranking system, and much faster lobby loads. Today, the game is half off and the DLC (9 maps) is $8.25 instead of $25. I'm assuming it's all motivated by the looming Halo release, but for anyone who's still a fan of the game it's a good time to jump back in.