2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roommate and I went back and played Borderlands 2 as different characters, then played some of the DLCs. There is one with Tiny Tina creating her own imaginative world that has a ton of GOT and other fantasy references, it was quite possibly the best DLC ever created (obviously I don't know that but it was about as perfect as it could've been).

If you're a fan of Borderlands and GOT, you have to play that DLC and do all the side quests, especially the Prince Jeffrey one. So many great jokes.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 04:47 PM)
Roommate and I went back and played Borderlands 2 as different characters, then played some of the DLCs. There is one with Tiny Tina creating her own imaginative world that has a ton of GOT and other fantasy references, it was quite possibly the best DLC ever created (obviously I don't know that but it was about as perfect as it could've been).

If you're a fan of Borderlands and GOT, you have to play that DLC and do all the side quests, especially the Prince Jeffrey one. So many great jokes.

If you liked Borderlands 2. The writer and his sister (who voices Tiny Tina) did a webseries called Hey Ash Whatcha Playin'? Some of these are absolutely hilarious:

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 05:47 PM)

That mission was awesome, as is that DLC in general (especially some of the loot). The Torgue one is pretty funny too, but there is just waaaaaay too much DLC and a lot of it is short/mediocre. I gave up after the season pass stuff, I had no desire to hit ANOTHER level cap and reacquire my arsenal at level 72.

The best DLC I have ever played so far has been Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Game is f***ing hilarious.

RDR: Undead Nighmare is a pretty great DLC too.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 06:54 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2939586:date=Mar 11, 2014 -> 04:47 PM:name=bigruss22)-->
<!--quotec-->Roommate and I went back and played Borderlands 2 as different characters, then played some of the DLCs. There is one with Tiny Tina creating her own imaginative world that has a ton of GOT and other fantasy references, it was quite possibly the best DLC ever created (obviously I don't know that but it was about as perfect as it could've been).

If you liked Borderlands 2. The writer and his sister (who voices Tiny Tina) did a webseries called Hey Ash Whatcha Playin'? Some of these are absolutely hilarious:

That was great, will definitely have to check out more of those vids.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 10:13 PM)
The best DLC I have ever played so far has been Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Game is f***ing hilarious.

RDR: Undead Nighmare is a pretty great DLC too.

Thoroughly enjoyed that one as well.

Since Borderlands 2 got brought up again, I'll mention that I'm considering getting the Vita version, which comes out this month. I haven't touched a Borderlands game before, but have seen little bits of video gameplay to have a concept of what the game is about. Is there any way I should play or is it pretty self explanatory? People talk about level caps with that game, is there a set number of missions in the game or is there always random stuff that pops up? Is it linear?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 12:13 AM)
Since Borderlands 2 got brought up again, I'll mention that I'm considering getting the Vita version, which comes out this month. I haven't touched a Borderlands game before, but have seen little bits of video gameplay to have a concept of what the game is about. Is there any way I should play or is it pretty self explanatory? People talk about level caps with that game, is there a set number of missions in the game or is there always random stuff that pops up? Is it linear?

Just play it, you'll see. The original Borderlands blows, but Borderlands 2 is soooooo awesome.

Funny you mentioned the Dragon Keep DLC, I've actually been playing that one. So money. I started at a level 30 or 31 just trying to level up for the final legs or so of my campaign, and I'm up to 37 now...just playing that DLC.

"What do you say to the Dwarven king?"

"I PUNCH HIM"

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 05:19 PM)
GTA 5 is the f***ing s***.

I bought the game a few weeks ago, I think I'm like 40% of the way into the storyline. There's a lot of flying missions in this game that are pretty fun once you get the hang of the control system. I do like the missions (only a few I've seen so far) where you get to use Chop.

I like the little side missions where you are driving along and the red dot pops up on the screen and it's a robbery or someone needs help type mission.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 12:13 AM)

This commentary is about the console version, I haven't researched the Vita version.

Progression is fairly linear. There are story and side missions with suggested levels with XP awarded for kills and mission completion. You can wander, but it's not terribly productive unless you're in a level appropriate area. You'll have to go through the story twice to hit the cap, obviously with tougher enemies the second time. Once you do that, everything levels up and you can run around killing stuff. There are a ton of bosses you can farm for loot, though they're mostly in the same place, not random.

There's a ton of stuff to learn about gear, builds and playstyles, but you can get through the first playthrough faking it pretty easily.

Good explanation, thanks. I think the whole level appropriate area part is what hadn't clicked about the game. I'm hoping the Vita version is just a slightly less good looking version. From what I know it's not a very high-performance game anyway.

Anyone play PayDay2? I just started it today. The game is really dope, but I can definitely see it being a lot more fun with friends. I have yet to try online play because I am new and I don't want to suck for the rest of the crew. But this game is pretty much consisting entirely of the heist type missions from GTA V, which were obviously the best part.

But this is more involved. The only thing missing from this game is a getaway. The way this works is that you bring as much cash as you can carry and then get to the vehicle and then the mission ends. Maybe in PayDay3 it will be open world and you can drive off from the location. Who knows.

But the game is FREE with PS+ right now. Anyone have it or wants to get it and rob some banks?